Sunday, February 8, 2009

Wow!!

What a wonderful day it was today! I put my time in on the Stairmaster in the early AM, but couldn't resist going for a run this afternoon. Ended up running 9.62 miles. I felt great. I decided to see how hard I could crank it going down County 22 toward 2nd St SW. 6:10 pace. I wanted to see something sub-6:00 for a millisecond, but couldn't make it happen. :) That's OK, though. I had a really fun run. The attorney that I work for, Kathryn Moe, drove by in the first half mile and greeted me. Out at the far curve in Mayowood Rd. I saw some friends (Gerard and Carolyn Goulet and daughter Laura) so stopped to talk with them for a while. So again, it was 3:30 by the time I got home. I was starved ... so I inhaled a piece of leftover banana bread and some Great Harvest Cinnamon Raisin Wheat bread. Yum-o!!

Then it was time to start working on supper. I'd started a loaf of bread for my Cooking Light supper club tomorrow night and that was raising while I ran. (I'll post our menu tomorrow.) I didn't even use the mixer for kneading. All by hand. New recipe (Cracked Oatmeal Whole Wheat) and it looks like it turned out OK. It'll now have to pass the taste test. So I shaped the loaf for the second rise and then got busy. Eric was home for the evening, until tomorrow AM, so I made some things that appealed to him, namely Chicken Pesto Pasta (new recipe but Eric said it sounded good), Brussels Sprouts (remarkably, one of his favorite veggies) and the Apple, Pear, Cheddar, Pecan salad recipe I posted a couple months ago. Delightlful meal. In the Pesto Pasta, I used light Alfredo sauce and whole wheat pasta. A keeper.



Laura Lenz and kids Sam and Laura are coming over Friday afternoon to decorate cookies for the Stair Climb on Saturday. Should be fun. I'm hoping we can incorporate some of Sam's "stair" ideas into the cookies. I believe I'll bake some cookies for the climb winners again as well. The Stair Climb and Polar Plunge made the Rah Rah Rochester top 3 events for the week. Check it out.

I have a new Poppy Seed cake recipe that's to die for. So as to not overwhelm my readers with food stuff in this post, I'll post that tomorrow. :)

Here's a link to a huge list of marathons, both U.S. and international.

Tomorrow, I think part of my morning workout will be on the Spin bikes at the Y in preparation for the Rochesterfest Sprint Triathlon . Gotta get the quads in shape. :)

I think I'll wrap this up for today.

Quote for the day: "If you want to get somewhere you have to know where you want to go and how to get there. Then never, never, never give up." --Norman Vincent Peale

No comments: