Friday, February 27, 2009

Fabulous Friday

Just got done with an after dinner walk. I felt like I'd once again eaten too much and wanted to walk some of it off. And it was just too nice out yet to go inside for the evening. Above was my view of the evening sky. Below, supper. A yummy salad including some strawberries from Plant City, Florida where the Strawberry Festival is now being held. I understand it's quite a big deal. Delicious salad. Lots of fresh red veggies including: tomatoes, radishes, red peppers, strawberries.

Today was sunny at 81 degress, and once again breezy. Tomorrow is supposed to be much the same and then late Saturday a cold front is moving in. After some early Sunday rain, it will become much cooler (60's) for the remainder of my visit. Not sure what tomorrow's plans are, but we'll be outside doing something!

Today, I started the day with a one hour swim at the Y followed by one hour on the elliptical. The machines here all have TVs on each machine which is great. Makes the time pass a bit more quickly. The hour in the pool flew by and I once again enjoyed it.

Following that, we went for lunch at Cha Cha Coconuts in St. Armand's Cirle in Sarasota www.chacha-coconuts.com I had a salad with roasted corn and black beans, chicken, cheese and a mango vinaigrette dressing. The menu is on the website, but I can't view it from this computer, nor can I do anything with the website URLs, so bear with me ... :)


The shopping on St. Armand's is VERY expensive and not really to my taste, but it's still fun to walk the circle and people watch. We did go in two shops: Fresh Produce www.freshproduceclothes.com (sportswear) and a Fudge/Ice Cream shoppe. I bought a couple things at Fresh Produce (not unreasonably priced) and the Fudge Shoppe was just eye candy. We didn't buy anything there. Chocolates were $30/lb...

I went into Fleet Feet Sarasota to check it out. Talked to the manager about a group run and they run at 7:00 on Saturday, but it's not going to be very long as the locals have recently run the Sarasota Marathon. But that's fine as my hip seems to still be bothering me so I'll just see what tomorrow brings.

So ... back to Rochester stuff. I still need LOTS and LOTS of volunteers for the Fetzer. If you can help, please contact me at rsaxman@charter.net I need help in the following areas: Set-up, registration, course marshals, water stops, finish line, clean-up. I would be so grateful if you could help out on April 11. Thanks much!

A friend passed along this link: www.mntrailrunning.com It's a link to the trail run series held each year. It's a good time to take a look if you're in the midst of planning your race schedule for the year. Trail running is very enjoyable and a very good workout!

Well, that's it for today. Talk at you later!

Ramblin' Renee

No comments: