Saturday, February 14, 2009

Trifecta, Part 1

(Pondering the climb that awaited me, camera in hand. Lionel's photo. Thanks!)

One down, two to go. The next one, the Polar Plunge, is the one I'm most nervous about but today's first event, the Broadway Residence & Suites Cabin Fever Stair Climb, is the one that will probably hurt the worst. My lungs were just burning afterward. Then the cough started. Then the cough loosened. Then it stopped hurting. Pretty much the same story with everyone I talked to. Chris Chen was the overall winner in a blazing 2:28 (record). I was fortunate to be the first female to finish in 3:28. When I presented Chris with his winner's cookies he said, "That's what I came for!". Made me very happy. :o)



We have two new entrants for the Trifecta: Deb Thomford and David Nagorney. Welcome!!

I made a couple more batches of cookies for LUABC. I'm anticipating they'll have a great turnout and didn't want anyone to go cookieless. So there you go.




Onward.

1 comment:

Cheap Diablo 3 items said...

Happy to locate your blog post and also the wonderful photographs that you've on a regular basis!