Thursday, February 26, 2009

The TWINS win!



Greetings from Florida where it was sunny and 76 today. My day again started bright and early (5:30 ET) at the Y. Lifted and did cardio. Then it was out to Anna Marie Island/Holmes Beach for all-u-can-eat pancakes on the beach. (Sausage too, but I skipped that.) I had 4 large pancakes. I was hungry! It became our lunch as well so when it was supper time, I was starving again! We had a delicious supper of salad with lots of fresh veggies, glazed carrots and beef stroganoff. Yum, yum. Ada is a good cook.



Dad and I went to see the Twins play Cincinnati in Sarasota this afternoon. "It's a beautiful day for a ball game, for a ball game today ..." It was fun! I bought a Twins hat yesterday hoping to get some autographs on it. I got Denard Span and Gardie's autographs. I'm going to give it to my son Eric who's a huge Twins fan. Anyway, the Twins won 10-4. The Reds staged a rally in the 8th inning scoring 4 runs, but then the Twins put it away. In the later innings, I didn't recognize any of the names of the Twins players. Starters that I knew: Carlos Gomez in center, Denard Span in left, Brendan Harris at 3rd, Brian Buscher at first. Blackburn was the starting pitcher. No sightings of Joe Mauer, Justin Morneau, Michael Cuddyer, Delmon Young, ...

Tomorrow we are going to have lunch at St. Armonds Circle then come back here and scope out the neighborhood carport sale before it opens on Saturday morning. Saturday morning I'll do a long run of some sort. Haven't quite decided where or when yet.

Toodles. Stay warm!

No comments: