Friday, February 13, 2009

Friday the 13th

Happy almost Valentine's Day. My son Eric made this wooden heart when he was 12. The date on the back is my birthday, 1998. :o)

Well, it's almost time for the big Trifecta weekend!! Preparations are going on all over the place. Let's start with cookies. :o)



Sam and Abby Rowekamp came over after school today to decorate cookies for the Broadway Residence & Suites Cabin Fever Stair Climb which takes place tomorrow morning. I made shoe cut-outs and the kids frosted and decorated them with Sam's design -- steps with licorice hand rails. They did a great job and I'm sure they'll be very well received at the top of those 26 flights of stairs!!

After dinner, I dashed up to the Polar Plunge for a few minutes. The Super Plungers were about to take their 6 PM plunges (there are 4 of them this year). Kevin Torgerson was interviewed live on KAAL TV. Being up there, seeing the ice, the hot tubs, the changing tents ... it all made me nervous for tomorrow. Each of the Super Plungers had their own RV for the duration. The first RV I stopped at housed the Francis Whalen family. Then I stopped in the food RV and there was K.C. Reed having supper. Then it was over to Kevin's tent and he was just on his way out to plunge. Seems I knew just about everyone up there this evening. 'Twas fun. Our merry band of 10 plungers has an early plunge time of 2:35 PM. The weather sounds much more pleasant than other years--30 and little wind. My premiums are very nice--shirt, beach towel and very nice jacket. Thank you Laura for picking them up!

Registration and packet pick-up for Lace-Up Against Breast Cancer takes place tomorrow (Saturday) from 3-5 at Running Room or Sunday before the race at the Y. 150 runners are already registered. With the nice weather and dry and clear bike paths, I'm sure there will be many more signing up. Great turnout. I'm looking forward to a fun morning! I made cookies today--a dozen each for the male and female winners of the stair climb and 30 for the silent auction for LUABC. I'm going to make more tomorrow to supplement the ones we made at the cookie baking extravaganza wince since we have a lot of runners coming!

Very nice article about the Resman family in the Post-Bulletin tonight. Long-time RTC members, former board members, active runners and volunteers, and good friends. They're all skiing the Birkie.

I'm working at Running Room noon to 4 PM on Tuesday. Stop by with your 20% off coupon from the eMagazine . I'd love to help you shop.

I believe that's where I'll leave it for today. Gotta rest up for the big weekend.

Thought for the day: "It is easier to go down a hill than up, but the view is from the top."

TTFN.

No comments: