Saturday, February 21, 2009

Misery Loves Company

As I sit here, I'm listening to the Jimmy Cliff version of the oldie 'I Can See Clearly Now' on my iPod. Fun version of the song. After a miserable, wintry, all around yucky weather day, it's a mood brightener. ;-D



These are the images from the morning run. 5" of new snow, strong NW winds, 18 degrees. I followed 3 snow plows on the way to the RAC. There were maybe a dozen or so of us at the RAC for the morning run. It would have been a perfect day to wear my Icebugs. But did I do that?? NOOOO!!! Lionel wore his. Smart guy! The plan was for 10 miles from the RAC utilizing West Circle Drive (on the road) as a good part of the course. We nixed that idea due to the new snow, ice, and fast moving traffic on that road and headed to the IBM perimeter road instead. The plan was to do 3 loops then head back. We (Trevor, Lionel and I) needed another 1/2 mile before we left IBM so we headed back toward the north and decided (after my suggestion) that we might as well just go around again and get in 12 miles. Well, we got back to the RAC and we were still 1/2 mile short. Trevor apparently knows my compulsive tendencies now (!) and said something like he wouldn't be surprised if I headed out for another 1/2 mile. HA! He was right. :D Lionel said, 'Oh, dear.' We all laughed at that. You had to be there ... Lionel is from Singapore and he wasn't grousing at all about the conditions. I said, "Lionel, you 'da man" or something to that effect! What a trooper. So we headed west for 1/4 mile, turned around and headed back for a total of 12.12 on my GPS. Glad to be done with that one.

From Mike Schmitt: Cost of running NY marathon Ouch!!

This is going to be a short post. I'm tired. Hitting the pool again tomorrow with Judy and Shaun at noon. Good night!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

In honor of you, Lionel, and Trevor rivaling any Greenland sled dogs, I at LEAST went to an indoor ice rink and did "laps" nonstop for one hour---thanks for the royal inspiration!

Rosemary