Friday, February 20, 2009

Friday

I'm running out of clever titles for posts. So today, it's just titled "Friday".

Congratulations to Cory and Lana Lappi who had a baby boy yesterday! He joins big brother Kyle who's 2 1/2. ;-)

It sounds like we're in for some more winter-type weather this evening and overnight. Two to four inches of fluffy snow, just in time for the first long run at the RAC in the morning. Ten miles is the scheduled distance, commencing at 7:15 AM. I plan to be there. Are you??

TCM is once again allowing headphones at their event, but it's 'at your own risk'. This follows the lift of the ban at Grandma's Marathon as well. USATF has loosened their restrictions.

I spent most of the day working on the RTC News for March. It's pretty much wrapped up and ready to go. Just a few blank spaces to fill in then I'll ship it off to the printer. Mike Schmitt is coordinating assembly this month. Please contact him if you are willing to help. It's always fun and goes quickly with many willing helpers.

A little bit of my afternoon was spent at the pool at the Y working on my swim for the Rochesterfest Sprint Triathlon. I managed to swim 52 lengths/26 laps of the pool. I was pleased with that, but I did take rest breaks at the ends of the lane. That will not be possible during the open water swim at Foster Arends! But it will improve with time and practice.

Suzanne LaPalm reports that she tried the Steel Cut Oat bread recipe I posted a few weeks ago and it's a keeper! She's going to make another when this one is gone. Thank you for the feedback, Suzanne! I'll keep posting my favorite recipes ...

I'm going to Florida next week. I got tickets for a Twins game on Thursday. They're playing the Reds in Sarasota at 1:05 PM. I look forward to it! It'll be one of the first games of Spring Training. I've also been perusing the RRCA website looking for group runs in the Sarasota/Bradenton area. There are several options. I've done this in prior years and it's fun to run in a different locale, with different runners, in different weather ... in short (shorts actually!), to mix it up a bit.

This was supper tonight for me ... as it has been the last couple nights. I'm on kind of a salad kick. This is one of those 'everything but the kitchen sink' kind of concoctions. Lettuce (yes there is some, buried in there somewhere!), broccoli, cauliflower, red pepper, carrots, celery, red onion, grape tomatoes, chicken, blueberries, dried cherries, croutons, honey-roasted soy nuts. It's actually delicious!! I also had some asparagus on the side. Oh, and a slice of Great Harvest Honey Whole Wheat Bread. Fabulousness for sure.



Well, I've reached the end of my 'to be posted' list, so I'll close this one out for today.

Quote for the day: "If all our misfortunes were laid in one common heap, most people would be contented to take their own and depart."

Enjoy your evening.

No comments: