Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Blogging

I must say ... taking on another job and working an additional 30 or so hours per week has definitely put a crimp in my blogging time. I see I haven't posted since Sunday. Yesterday I worked at the law office and then a 2 to 11 PM shift at JCPenney (it was DEAD). That doesn't leave much time for anything else.

Workouts: 2 hours on the Stairmaster at level 16 on Monday, 10 miles yesterday, 10 miles this morning. Met Ruth Brennan Morrey on the bike path and chatted with her for a moment. It was my best 10 miler yet since moving here. Each day, I run the 20th St and 5th Ave hills. Twice. That's six tough, tough hills. Today they were easier. Not easy, but easier. So I was happy about that.

Today I am just working one job, so I ran a lot of errands. I stopped at Rochester Cycling and Fitness and had Travis put the trainer tire on my rear wheel. Matt and I gave it a go on Thanksgiving day and trashed the tube. I found this cute little bracelet ... a section of recycled bike chain. They also have bottle openers. For the guys of course.


I'm now TRYING to put the rear wheel on the bike and want to cry. Or maybe scream. Sometimes it goes on so smoothly. And sometimes not. Today, it's a "not".

Back to Sunday. We all went out to eat at Victoria's before the George Winston concert. It was such a nice, relaxing evening.

Just made butternut squash soup with sugared walnuts for book club. I didn't get a chance to read the book but I'll enjoy the discussion, food and friends nevertheless. My friends Emelda and Paula are here from the cities and I look forward to seeing them.

Toodles!!

No comments: