Friday, November 4, 2011

The Big Apple

Well, it's almost here. Almost time to (try to) run through the five boroughs of NYC with my good friends (Jodi, Yvonne, Tom W, Andy, Peter, Mike) and 45000 "other" friends. Yikes. That's so many people. The logistics have me nervous on this one. We have to take the subway to the Staten Island ferry (we're scheduled for the 5:45AM) which will take us ... I'm not sure. I'll just follow the crowd. My life has been a bit too busy to think very much about this trip. Back to the "try to" run thing. I've run 6 miles since Saturday. And my body is tired. My body is hurting. My left hip and lower leg were barking this week. I don't know if it's all the time spent lifting, carrying, bending, going up/down stairs or what, but my confidence level for this marathon is pretty low. So no workout today. No workout tomorrow. I'll just try to press on to the finish, but it's going to take me a while, I pretty much know that. Just hoping it isn't too terribly ugly.

I am looking forward to seeing the sights, seeing a show on Broadway tomorrow afternoon, eating in Little Italy afterwards and spending time away from the baggage that is my life right now. It's a much needed respite and I hope I can let everything go for a few days and enjoy NYC. The weather sounds pretty perfect. Low of 38 on Saturday, high of 56 Sunday, low of 43 Sunday and then 63 Mon and Tues. SWEET.

Eric came home last night and made us a pizza and brought a bottle of pinot noir. We ate while we watched the Wild game (they won 4-1). What a nice relaxing evening. I'd had such a full day. Worked 9 to 6:10 and had done some more moving in the AM.

Well, I'm going to get busy. I'll post from NYC. Toodles.

No comments: