Sunday, November 20, 2011

Getting There

Slowly but surely, the new (temporary) place is getting liveable. There's still a pile of boxes in the living room and I need to decide what goes in storage and what goes in the one free drawer and one free cabinet in the kitchen. The office is liveable, my bedroom is liveable, dad and Ada's room is liveable, bathrooms are liveable and the downstairs family room needs a LOT of help. What I really need is either: 1) more storage, or 2) less stuff. Option 2 is probably the better solution.

Millie and I had to practice our winter running skills this morning. We ran up to the cemetary on the bike path and then out to Quarry Hill and the tennis courts, the lake and then back to Panera. Very slippery in spots. But thankful that as of now we only have a dusting of snow. I'm really not looking forward to winter this year. This year more than most. I got in just over 8 miles. With Millie's 5 early miles, she got in about 12.5 (I went out another half mile after she met her sister and dad for coffee). Yesterday I ran with OSS up the Douglas Trail. Just a hair over 15 miles for me. Longest run since NYC.

We had a LUABC meeting at Jean's house this evening. We celebrated Laura getting her master's degree and also conducted a business meeting. The half marathon course has been certified and the giveaway this year will be embroidered black fleece gloves.

Well, I'm tired and I have to work 'til 10 PM tomorrow, so I'm going to call it a day. I'll post some pix tomorrow. Have a great week!

No comments: