Sunday, November 27, 2011

Busy!!

Just ran 12.53 miles this morning. A bit short of what I'd planned, but good enough. My left hip is bothering me some and the wind was sure cold from the NW. I know, I know. It could be, and will get, a lot worse. But for today that was good enough. My body also hasn't adjusted to being on my feet for 8 to 11 hours a day and that seems to be taking a toll on my running stamina as well as just plain not being in shape. I ran 10.41 yesterday morning before a really busy day at JCPenney. I love it when it's busy. The time goes fast, and it's a lot of fun helping people with their window treatments. But just standing around is hard. Anyway, when I run from this house I usually head for the Mayowood bike trail and the shortest way to get there is down 20th St SW and those HILLS. So I get to run them twice as well as 5th Ave SW south past Apple Ridge up to that water tower. Lots of hill work. Yesterday morning the running conditions were just great. It had rained some over night but wasn't raining during the run. Pleasant temps. In fact, I took off my shirt and ran in my sports bra. Can't do that too often in November. I met some TriRochester guys about 1/2 mile from the turnaround and my goal was that they not catch me. Assuming they also turned around, they didn't catch me. : ) I was happy. I think there were 15 runners at Dunn Bros. this morning which was great. Dave, Pam, Amy, Jean, Laura, Jim, Tom, Tom, Andy, Erin, Monica and her sister, Millie, Meredith, me. Hope I didn't forget anyone.

Got my drapes hung in the dining room on Wednesday evening. A great project to get done. Those sliding doors are like a big black hole after the sun goes down, and when the sun is up, it's hard on the furniture.

Got the RTC retrospective edition done and off to Dave for printing and mailing. I'm now working on moving files (race results mostly) from the existing RTC website to the new one. I think it'll be an improvement, at least on the back end and for race directors. And I believe we're saving some money in the deal.

Didn't hit any stores on Black Friday (or Saturday). Just don't need or want anything and have no desire to fight the crowds.

Well, I'm enjoying a rare day off so best get busy. Going to dinner and the George Winston concert this evening with friends. Sounds like a lovely way to cap off the weekend and begin a new week.

Enjoy your day.

No comments: