Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Late to Bed ... Early to Rise

I wish it was "early to bed, early to rise" in my case, but I just can't seem to make that happen. I'm tired today. Even snuck in a short (probably 15 minute) nap this afternoon to try to recharge my battery.

Morning workout: It was raining, and not just misting, when I went to leave this morning to do my 1/4 miles. So after deliberating for a while, and checking the radar, I decided to go to the Y to run on the treadmill. I so do NOT like running on that machine! But I just didn't have it in me to be doing speedwork in the dark, in the rain. So I hopped on for a 2 mile warmup and then 11 x 1/4 mile at 10.3 mph (5:49 pace). That went fine. Then a little cooldown and then some more miles. I did a couple at 8 mph (7:30 pace) and then a couple at 8.5 mph (7:00 pace). Felt pretty good actually. At about 11 miles I had a burst of energy for some reason. So here I am tooling along at 7:00 pace, sweat flying off me, singing (quitely) along with Michelle Branch on my iPod. Got that visual?? Pretty funny. But nobody appeared to be offended. :-) I accidentally reset the treadmill once and pulled the emergency stop cord once, but I got in somewhere between 13 and 14 miles. A good workout.

Spent most of the afternoon getting ready for a hiking/camping trip up north, to the Temperance River. I'm going with a few of the River Runners: Ron, Bonnie, Gerry and Paul. We're leaving Thursday morning and returning Sunday evening. I've not been camping in quite a while and I sure hope I'm not forgetting anything. Well, if I do, I'll just have to live without it!I'm going up to St. Cloud tomorrow, stopping in the cities to take my son Eric out for lunch on his birthday. :-) Then I plan to run with the River Runners at 4:15. Yippee!!

Even though it's camping, I'm trying to remember to bring and charge all these electronics. It's really getting ridiculous: phone, camera, GPS watch, car GPS, iPod ... and they all have chargers and/or adapters for car and/or wall outlets. Cords, cords, cords!!

There's a TriRochester social gathering Thursday at 6:00 PM at Glynners' Pub. All are welcome, members and non-members alike.

I'd neglected to create a slideshow from the cross country meet last week. Here ya go!





I'm going to try to get to bed early tonight, so I'll wrap this up.

Toodles!!

No comments: