Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Alive and Kickin'

Yup. I'm still alive and kickin'. And v-e-r-y sleepy. Spent today at the "Great Minnesota Get-together" ... the state fair. What a perfectly beautiful day it was for that, too. More on that in tomorrow's post. For a workout this morning I ran my 7.15 mile route in an hour flat. Kind of junk miles, but that's what worked out for today. I ran very early and it was too dark, and I was not awake enough, to want to run 1/4 miles, so I think I'll do that tomorrow instead.

Today, my oldest son Eric moved up to the cities, at least for the month of September. He's got some job prospects so that's good news. There's just not much for him in Rochester any more ... friends have moved away, or back to school, and there isn't much for jobs. And last night he said, "Why don't you take a break from blogging tonight (Monday night) and watch the game with me?" Well, I wasn't about to turn that down, so we watched Brett Favre have a good game and had a very nice evening together. Seeing Favre in purple still seems SO weird to me ...

I'll just say a bit about Monday's workout. It was 41 degrees on my thermometer when I left for the (outdoor) Soldier's Field pool at about 5:30 AM. Got down there and they said that the heat had been turned off. Needless to say it was a VERY cold swim. I never warmed up. Every time my arm came out of the water it felt like pins and needles. I didn't even last quite an hour. Just had to get out. That was the last day for outdoor swimming for the Masters' swim club. They moved to the Recreation Center this morning.

The newsletter is supposed to be ready for pickup and I'm planning to have newsletter assembly here at my house (2026 Kal Lane SW) Wednesday at 6:30 PM. If you're available to help, please email me. If for some reason it's not ready on Wed, I'll reschedule to Thursday. Same time, same place. Check back here, or the RTC website for any change in plans.

Tomorrow, I'm planning to go bike shopping!!

Well, I'm dead tired and I'm off to get some Z-Z-z-z-z's. Good night!!

No comments: