Thursday, September 17, 2009

7.5

I got 7.5 hours of sleep last night. It feels GREAT!! I've been getting about 5, and that just isn't enough. I'm taking the morning off from exercise as the Mayo Open Cross Country 5K is at 6:00 this evening. Speaking of which ... don't park on the road by the clubhouse. Park on the north side of highway 14. Steve will have registration down by the park/parking lot/ball field somewhere. Look for a guy with a beard, no shirt, fresh vegetables, and a TV tray. :-) BTW: This race is free. I'll be there with cookies.

Yesterday I swam for an hour and lifted. Typical Wednesday workout. I had lunch with my friend Leslie at Panera. It was good to catch up with her. She's so funny. :-) I had a You Pick Two (pick two of the following: 1/2 sandwich, 1/2 salad, cup of soup) combo, choosing two new menu items: BBQ Chopped Chicken Salad and Napa Almond Chicken Salad Sandwich.


Both were delicious. I'd eaten a late breakfast so I brought the salad home for supper. We talked kids, spouses with broken arms as a result of bike crashes (applies to both of us), jobs, working out, and ... blogs! She mentioned one that I just had to check out Cake Wreck Blog. Some funny stuff, some creepy stuff, ... professionally decorated cakes gone wrong! Check it out.

Later in the afternoon I went for a 40'ish mile bike ride. It was yet another 75-and-sunny day and I just couldn't stay inside. The countryside is looking more like a patchwork quilt these days, of Mayo H.S. green and gold (NOT Packer colors!!). Some fields of soybeans are ripening, and the leaves on the trees are turning. I'd tipped the nose of the saddle on the Cannondale Supersix down a bit, but either it wasn't enough or it's just not going to help. I just don't like the saddle. Also, the stem is long and I feel very stretched out on that bike. Both things are changeable, though. I need to make this bike decision soon. I can't make a career out of test riding bikes!!

I created a St. Cloud River Runners Facebook page last night. Check it out! I uploaded some photos from some races. Speaking of River Runners ... I'm going up there tomorrow for a couple of days. Rick, a club member, is hosting a "slumber party" and breakfast run at his cabin. Sounds like so much fun!! Paul F. and I are collaborating on egg bake and I'll bring some baked goods. I'm planning on getting in 20 miles Saturday morning. That'll be the last long run before Whistlestop on October 10. After Saturday, the taper starts. I have some volunteering to do on Saturday afternoon for TC10, then I'll go back to St. Cloud for the Sunday morning run, then head home. Fun, fun weekend and lots of blogging material!

Time to can some Basil Tomatoes. Cheers!

1 comment:

Buy WOW Gold said...

Such a nice post, I enjoyed it a lot! I like your sense of style! Wonderful photos!