Saturday, January 10, 2009

Stairway to Heaven


Well, we did it! I was very pleased with all the people that showed up for the trial run of the Broadway Residence & Suites Stair Climb. Let's see how many I can remember. I talked Dan Strain, Trevor Distad, Todd Rowekamp and even Tom Woo(!) into it. John Shonyo, Tom and Karen Williamson, Julie Stanton, Lana Lappi (8 mos. pregnant), Cathy Torgerson, Kristin Zhao, Karla Behringer (they both did it twice!), Dean Ferber, Larry Pederson, Ron Sundsmo, Fred Woolman, Roger Heil. I'm sure I've missed someone. Sorry. 26 stories to the top x 18 steps for each flight. I started doing two steps at a time. Don't remember how many flights I continued that. Then I went to a combo of one and two and finally just one. But I never got down to a walk like I did last year. I cut a minute off last year's practice time and about 35 second off my race time for a 3:29. I was happy with that.

Then we went back out into the cold for a couple of loops around the lake, back toward Panera and down to 16th St SW to get in 10 or so. 10.14 on my GPS. That was enough for today. My legs and my brain were tired.

The RTC banquet is this evening at Willow Creek club house. 6:00 social time, 6:30 dinner then our guest speaker Dr. Edward Creagan and then the awards. See you there.

I seem to be on a Dr. Seuss quote kick. Here's one from Oh the Places You'll Go, which is actually a good book. It makes a good graduation gift. "You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose." --Dr. Seuss

No comments: