Thursday, January 29, 2009

Short and Sweet

Just a quick little post this evening. :)

Yup ... take another look at this clock ...

I think it would drive me nuts!

From Grandma's marathon via Paul Christian:

DULUTH, Minn. (AP) — Grandma’s Marathon has reversed itself and will allow runners to wear headphones. The Duluth road race decided to allow headphones and other electronic devices on the 26.2-mile course after USA Track and Field lifted a two-year ban. USA Track and Field, the national governing body for road racing, voted in December to amend its rule banning headphones, but left it up to individual races to do the same. The Grandma’s Marathon board of directors voted to lift the ban, beginning with the June 20 event and accompanying Garry Bjorklund Half-Marathon. But executive director Scott Keenan says entrants are still strongly urged not to wear headphones for safety reasons. Keenan says that two Grandma’s Marathon sponsored races — the Fitgers 5K on April 8 and the Park Point Five-Miler on July 17 — will continue to ban headphones because the race course cannot be completely closed

... and ...

Registration for the 33rd running of Grandma’s Marathon opened January 15. The field is nearly 60 percent full as 5,500 runners have registered to date for the 9,500 available slots. Last year, the race reached its field capacity on April 7. For more information on any of Grandma's Marathon’s races or events, visit Grandma's website or call (218) 727-0947.

Thanks, Paul. :)

Registration for the Chicago Marathon opens on Saturday, February 1.

Want a free sample of Quaker Mini Delights? ("bite-sized light crispy multigrain cakes" with a flavored drizzle) Click here .

From Lionel Cheng's blog: "Found this fun web site that allows you to add the 'obama touch' to your own pictures. Some of the contributions uploaded there are quite amusing." [For some reason, the site isn't working for me. When I click on Create I get an HTML/Flash Player but it looks fun! --rks]

I'm hoping to meet up with Jason from Schott Distributors late tomorrow afternoon regarding a donation of fluids for the Fetzer 20K. Here are the choices he's offered (Gatorade is donating the electrolyte beverage once again): "One is called activwater, it is a low calorie type product, kind of like gatorade but a little more healthy with a lot of electrolytes. Then we have an organic/natural water that is called Twist, low calories and all natural. We also have a product called Skinny water, a lot like vita zest, no calories and no sugar." He's going to give me samples to test out. :)



This evening I went to a Culinary Taste Sampling given by Leann Zubay of Culinary Market. The tasting was actually held at 300 1st. Lots of imported cheeses and condiments, a red and a white wine, bread and some delicious salmon with a ginger sauce. I'll upload photos in the next couple of days. Too tired tonight.

Tomorrow after supper I'm taking my niece and nephew (oh, and their parents) to the water park at the Y. Should be a splashing good time! I'll have photos of that, too, I'm sure. I'm never without my camera, you know.

That's it! Toodles. Gotta watch Ace of Cakes and read the paper.

1 comment:

roentgen said...

Hmmm... odd that you cannot use the function on the website. Which web browser are you using? I had no issues with Firefox and Chrome.

P.S. I love watching Ace of Cakes too! Ever since coming to Rochester, I have become addicted to many programs on the food channel... :P