Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Surprised

As I was out running this morning, I remembered a few things I'd forgotten to post. Christmas morning, I ran my usualy 10-mile morning route. There was a young man, looked to be 20-something, out walking a couple of dogs and walking toward me as I was running. Based on past experience, I'd guessed that he probably wouldn't return a "Morning!" greeting, so decided against greeting him and being disappointed. But at the last minute, decided that I'd greet him anyway. It was Christmas after all. To my surprise, he returned my greeting very heartily. I was so pleasantly surprised!! And very happy. Also saw Sue Christian out on 20th St SE. We met each other twice and exchanged "Merry Christmas!" greetings. : )

Went to see the movie War Horse with Jean and Julie Christmas evening. I'm not usually much for "animal" movies, but this was a very pleasant surprise and a great movie. And it was PACKED. Just a few empty single seats sprinkled here and there. Can't remember ever being in a theater so crowded.

Had my annual physical last week. Weight: down 5 pounds. : ) BP: perfect. Pulse: perfect. At the end of the appointment the nurse practitioner said that this was the point where she usually tells the patient to exercise and eat healthy. What did she tell me? Surprise ... I should probably exercise LESS. 90 minutes per day would be plenty. But I just LOVE to work out ...

Had an afternoon and evening off today and gots lots of miscellaneous stuff done. Still working on lots of address change/paperwork type stuff. Seems like a never-ending list. But I'll get there eventually. I went back on the healthy-eating bandwagon with my super-sized delicious salad.


But I did have a cookie for dessert. So much for will power. : ( I enjoyed every bite though. : )

10.12 mile run this morning in those stiff NW winds. Very pleasant temp though ... 36 degrees. Can't beat, and clean streets/sidewalks, for December 27.

So what's on the docket for the rest of the week? My brother and his family are coming over for supper tomorrow. "Game Night" with a bunch of Ironman triathletes on Thursday. (Sounds like SO MUCH fun!) Work. Work. Work. Wedding Saturday evening. Possibly a stop in at a party Saturday evening if I'm still awake. And hopefully at some point my last 20-miler before Ocala in January. Another busy week.

Go. Be. Do.

No comments: