Thursday, December 15, 2011

Mix It Up

Tuesday evening was PK's first annual Chex Mix Exchange. What a fun idea. Easy and quick to prepare, and something different. We each found a recipe on ChexMix.com and posted what we were bringing on the evite so as to have to duplicates. There must have been close to a dozen different varieties including Backyard BBQ, Lemon Rosemary, Caramel, Loaded Baked Potato, Traditional, Pumpkin Spice, Parmesan Garlic, Sesame, Malted Milk Ball/Marshmallow/Dried Cherry ... quite the selection.


PK provided us each with many containers which we filled to take home. Fun evening. Fun idea. Thanks PK!

Yesterday I finally got back in the pool and lifted. First time since November 2 and wow I could tell. I've lost strength and am swimming even SLOWER than I was before it seems. I have to get back in both the gym and the pool on a regular basis if I can find the time. Robin Kautz was in the lane next to me and we chatted for a while in the locker room. Got on the Stairmaster for an hour before my 3 to 9 shift for a little stress relief. This morning I'm hoping to go for a run but the temps are falling (it's now 32) and VERY windy. But I suppose it could be worse. Not sure how to address the possibly slippery streets and paths ... spikes on my shoes seem like overkill. I'll see how it goes. May end up on the bike trainer or Stairmaster.

We have a guest speaker for the RTC banquet on January 28. Ruth Brennan Morey. She recently won the ITU (International Triathlon Union) championship and has run in the Olympic trials. Here's what she says she might include in her talk ... my research (ages ago) about self-talk in marathoning, to olympic trials, to my previous sports psychology work, multisport experiences, and life balance issues.

I have my annual Christmas lunch with about a dozen girlfriends. It's always a lot of fun. Then it's off to a 3 to midnight shift. More of the same Friday and Saturday (when I get to stay until 1AM!). No rest for the wicked ... or weary. : )

Have a great day!!

No comments: