Friday, December 23, 2011

Off!

A whole day today to do exactly what I want. And it was wonderful!! I started the morning by doing "paperwork", heading over to Kohl's and Walmart and wrapping gifts. I didn't get going on my run until about 11:00 AM. By the time I got about 5 miles into it, the wind was very stiff from the SW and it started snowing. Kind of tough running conditions but I stuck it out for 10.11 miles. And that was enough because ...

Last night I joined Team R.E.D. at Millie's house. And what a house!! It's simply amazing. Her dad is a hunter and the lower level was like a museum of natural history. Just incredible and very tasteful. Her mom is quite the cook and treated us to pretty fancy fare for Team R.E.D. ... a cabbage salad (with Sriracha in the dressing so it had quite a kich), scalloped potatoes and ham, fresh green beans and ciabatta rolls. I couldn't believe I didn't have my camera. I was so disappointed. Left it on my desk at home. But Tom Woo posted some photos on Facebook. We ran 5.5 miles (actually some of us did ... and some decided to head back to Beetles where we'd stopped to sing Jingle Bells and We Wish You a Merry Christmas). And they were pretty hilly miles. In addition to my morning 9.51 miles, I had 15.12 for the day. I'd planned to run long today, but decided to keep it at 10 and call yesterday good enough for my long run for the week. I think that was the right decision.

Delivered some cookies today after making one last batch. Peppermint Blossoms.


They're very pretty on a plate of cookies. Then Matt and I continued our tradition of making lefse (a Norwegian things ... kind of like a potato tortilla eaten with butter and sugar). It turned out very well!



Now, after cooking some wild rice for some chicken wild rice soup tomorrow, and eating a bowl of roasted corn and red pepper soup (my only meal today ... too much snacking I guess), I'm ready to kick back and relax and read the paper and watch Say Yes to the Dress. Mindless TV, yes, but fun.

Tomorrow ... an early run and then breakfast at the Crown with a big crew before dashing off to work for the day. Sunday, I'm off. Yippee!! Back to work Monday.

Have a wonderful weekend, and Merry Christmas!

No comments: