Sunday, December 18, 2011

Going Forward

November was a very difficult month, and I'm glad it's behind me. This past week brought some tough days and I'm glad it's over as well. Hoping for a better week this next week! Topping off the list ... a decent night's sleep. I've worked until midnight the last three nights and that's very difficult for me. I'm not a night owl. My body wakes up about 5:00 AM no matter when I fall asleep. So I've had to nap if possible, trying to recover from just 4 hours of sleep before tackling another late night. But today brought a full day off ... beginning with a 10-mile morning run with OSS (thanks for the miles Tom O, Pete, Marni, Andy), grocery shopping, some cookie baking, a nap and a Lace-Up Against Breast Cancer meeting (thanks for lovely meal and sharing your lovely home John and Lucy. Welcome to the LUABC committee Judy, Betsy and Pam. Thanks for sharing Cutting for Stone Lucy). Soooo nice to have a down day.

Yesterday brought a morning run with OSS ... 20.11 miles for me. More than I thought I'd get in and I didn't have the fluids and fuel that I should have had, but I made it work. We had a couple inches of fluffy new snow and it was a bit slippery so I wore spikes on my shoes. With my rigid orthotics, heavy shoes and spikes, those shoes were HEAVY. On Friday early afternoon, Eric arrived. And his car died in my garage. Electronics stopped working. It was trying to turn over, but we thought it would be worth trying to jump it anyway. No luck. I checked the alternator belt and it was OK. But there was no starting it. So we had to tow it to the garage, where they determined it needed a new alternator. Picked it up yesterday before I had to be at work. Another full and busy day. Matt was home for a couple of nights so that was nice. He'll be in and out over the coming weeks I'm sure.

Well, I'm going to read a few pages of Cutting for Stone before getting to bed BEFORE MIDNIGHT!! HOORAH!!

Have a great week!!

1 comment:

Cheap Diablo 3 items said...

Again fantastic post. You appear to have a good comprehension of these styles.After i getting into your blog post,I sensed this kind of . Think about it and writting your site may well be more interesting. For your Accomplishment!