Friday, August 22, 2008

Busy, busy, busy

So much to do. So little time. The story of my life! I thought I'd do a (hopefully quick!) post while I'm baking our Ragnar Relay cookies. Our first runner will head out momentarily (it's 9:20 and she leaves about 9:40--Laura Lenz). Our car pulls out from my house at 1 pm. Then the adventure begins! I won't be able to maintain my projected pace for the first 8-mile leg late this afternoon with the dew points already pushing 70 and the high projected at 85. And 3 hours sleep last night. Sigh. I really must get packing. And the lawn needs mowing. And Matt needs a desk before Sunday. And ... Sigh.

Though it was a pretty dreary evening, there was a pretty good turnout (40-ish?) for the Rochester Track Club picnic last night at Slatterly Park. Photos:


Spotted on the way to the picnic, running in the drizzle, P.K., Peggy and Mr. Peabody!

I did get my tomatoes turned into salsa the other day. Here's the before ...

and after ...

Don't forget that the RTC's premiere races are tomorrow, Saturday, beginning at the Holiday Inn downtown ... the Rochester Half Marathon and 5K. You can still register this evening at Running Room or tomorrow morning at the hotel.

I'd best get busy. Talk to you Sunday!

No comments: