Sunday, August 10, 2008

A Beautiful Run

It was just too nice not to be out doing something. I had to go for a little run. A friend called and asked to borrow my cherry pitter, so I said I'd run it over to her. (Fox Hill.) Then I continued down to county 22 and headed north. As I was coming down the hill toward 2nd St SW, what did I see? A beautiful bald eagle, soaring above the road. Majestic. Beautiful. Glorious. No wonder it's a symbol of our country. It's just a spectacular bird. I continued watching until it went over by Cascade Lake. Another running coming by said that he too had noticed it. I'd seen it one other time this year in pretty much the same location.

I continued on to the west 52 frontage road and up Folwell Drive to home. I actually felt very good, except for the first dozen or so strides which were a little tentative, so that was a boost for my confidence. And what did my GPS read when I got home? 4.83 miles. Yesterday: 21.37 miles. What's 21.37 + 4.83? A marathon!! Kismet.

No comments: