Saturday, October 4, 2008

24 hours and counting ...

Let's Get It Started, in here...And the base keep runnin' runnin', and runnin' runnin', and runnin' runnin', and runnin' runnin', and runnin' runnin', and runnin' runnin', and runnin' runnin', and runnin' runnin', and... (Let's Get It Started --Black Eyed Peas)

Well, 24 hours I hope to be out on the TCM course along with many others. Hoping that my digestive tract cooperates between now and then. I always get SOOOO nervous this close to a marathon. I'm always wondering when the leg cramps will start, when I'll be reduced to a walk, then a slow, interrupted walk.

It can get ugly. REALLY ugly. Perseverence is the name of the game for marathoning for me this year, I guess. Adversity strikes twice. Yes, I need to work on my positive mental attitude. :D

I went up and worked the TCM expo yesterday. Fun! I walked the floor a bit answering questions, handled a register for a bit, and acted like a Vanna Wanna-be for a bit!


Seen at the expo: Tom Woo (thank you for taking the pictures of me--sorry I forgot to get one of him), Paul Nelsestuen and Lee Jameson ...

and Tonia Mayerle and Angela Cramer (twice!).

Kristin Armstrong, runner, triathlete, Runners' World blogger and Lance Armstrong's ex-wife, was giving a talk when I went to the hospitality area for a sandwich. I can't figure out why they set up the area as they did. The speaker's podium was in the dark and the screen was lit. So my photos were terrible--without a flash, they're blurry, with a flash they're dark. She talked about being a mom and an athlete.

More photos.



From Lisa Pelowsi: Very cute video of a future Olympic gymnast? Maybe. Maybe not. But he's very cute. :D

Well, my very best wishes for lots of running dreams to come true tomorrow at the TCM events! Please consider sharing your stories about any of the races, whether as a participant or spectator, for the next issue of RTC News. I'd be much obliged!

Thought for the day: "The only things that stand between a person and what they want in life are the will to try it, and the faith to believe it's possible." --Rich Devos

No comments: