Wednesday, September 10, 2008

G'day mates! And a beauty of a day it is. Nice morning for a run. About 9 miles in I felt some twinges in my right hamstring. Hmmmm...either I'm going to pass on the 5K tomorrow or just jog it. I'll see how I feel about 24 hours from now.

From Rachel Toor: I just wanted to let you know about my new book, PERSONAL RECORD: A LOVE AFFAIR WITH RUNNING, in the event that it may be of interest to your running club members. I am a senior writer for Running Times and a frequent contributor to Marathon&Beyond. Information about the book is available on Amazon and you can find information about me on my website: http://www.racheltoor.com/.In addition, I will be leading the 3:50 marathon pace groups for Clif Bar at the Twin Cities, Marine Corps, and Philadelphia Marathons.

From Dan Arnold, new manager at Running Room: This Wednesday night at run club we are going to have a Fiesta! It is South of the Boarder night here at the Running Room, complete with fake Margaritas, Chips, Salsa and maybe even a burrito or two! So bring your sombreros, panchos and appetites for this wonderful night of awesomeness!

From Jim Benike: Paul Driskill--He just keeps going and going and going

I saw this running movies website mentioned in Marathon & Beyond this month, in case it's of interest to anyone.


Heard on the radio that Lance Armstrong is training to race the Tour de France again next year. I don't know ... maybe he can win again. Seems like the comebacks in sports aren't usually too successful. We shall see, I guess.


Well, I'm assuming that no news is good news and that Eric has safely arrived in Spain. It was hard dropping him off at the airport yesterday. It seemed like just yesterday that I put him on the bus for kindergarten. "Toto, we're not in kindergarten any more ...". And now, a plane bound for Madrid. My dad and stepmom called last night to see how I was doing. ;-) They know me pretty well, I guess.


I then took a quick tour of some of my favorite Twin Cities haunts: REI (bought a shirt), Run N Fun (just looked), Whole Foods and Trader Joe's.

We had a lovely meal once again on Monday. My favorite was probably the Albuquerque Corn Salad. Really wonderful. But everything was, as is usually the case, very good.







Thought for the day: "Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things." --Robert Brault

No comments: