Saturday, May 3, 2008

Hello from Cincinnati!

Greetings from Cincinnati, home of the Flying Pig Marathon Flying Pig Marathon (and relay, half, 10K and 5K). I ran the 10K this morning--60's, humid, pouring rain, wind, hills. Gotta' love it. But I saw on the Weather Channel that there was snow in Minnesota, so I didn't feel so bad. It was 74 and sunny when I got here on Thursday, but since then the weather hasn't been too good. Supposed to be good running weather for tomorrow, when the marathona and half marathon take place.

I just returned from the expo where I got my picture taken with Dick Beardsley. I'll post it when I get home. ;-) Also heard Bart Yasso talk. He's really funny. Dick will be our guest speaker tonight as well. And guess what? I took first in my age division at the 10K and got a way cool little Flying Pig award! And I wasn't running for time! (Guess that says something about the competition ...) I didn't buy any 'pig' stuff at the expo as they give us so much stuff here at the RRCA Convention that I don't even think I'll get it all home. I have 2 embroidered Flying Pig bags (one from the convention, one for the 10K), shirts, hats, all kinds of energy bars, etc. Tonight I have to speak in front of the whole group when I accept the award for RTC News. I'm not a big fan of public speaking but we're limited to 1 to 2 minutes, so I guess that's not too bad.

I see the RTC website is down . ;-( I was hoping to check on the Spring Classic and see how the turnout was. Hope the weather cooperated.

Talk to you later!


roentgen said...

A cold and windy morning greeted us when we arrived at the Spring Classic this morning. Turnout was good and quite a few brave ones registered this morning, despite the overnight rain and howling winds. It was my first Spring Classic 15K and I enjoyed it thoroughly :)

Mike said...

The results are listed here:

Great job on placing in the 10k. You underestimate yourself Renee! I can't wait to hear all about the conference.

Have fun and Safe travels.


greenrun said...

The start of the Flying Pig Marathon was delayed -- and the race rerouted -- because of an overnight fire along the route.
The race began at 6:45 a.m. -- 15 minutes after the scheduled start. In early discussions, race officials thought the delay might be several hours.
More details at: