Tuesday, May 24, 2011

SHOT

I am spent. Totally shot. This morning I made a batch of oatmeal raisin cookies, painted the garage door and then went into the office for a little while. All by 9:00 AM. Then I puttered around the house for a while before running down to the Y to lift and then meet K.C. and Jim Benike for a noon run (and to share some cookies!). We ran 4.1 miles, encountering a little bit of light rain. Then it was off to the pool to swim for an hour followed by a run home.

Then it was time to do some yard work ... mowing, planting the rest of my flowers, pruning, weeding.


I finally decided I'd had enough, went in the house and it was 7:34. I wasn't wearing a watch. Totally missed the BBQ at Soldier's Field but I just have to get stuff done around here. I'd contemplate riding at 5:00 PM with Joe, but I was also tired of working out after running 22 miles yesterday. Needless to say, it's feeling really good sitting on the couch.

Up tomorrow night ... Book Club. I've read only a few pages of the book, but I'm going anyways. A night out with the girls will be fun.

Sorry it's so short ... toodles.

No comments: