Saturday, May 21, 2011

A Day Off

Bleeding heart

I'm not doing a long run today. My left leg is bothering me and I don't want to set myself up for a long-term injury. And with the wind and rain, not a great day for running anyway. So it'll probably be a Stairmaster day. I need to get caught up on magazines anyway. And Joe is running long on Monday so I'll probably run with him. Good luck to everyone running in Fargo today!!

Want to run a few miles Sunday morning? We're meeting at Dunn Bros. on Elton Hills at 8:30. Join us!

I'm going to be a volunteer next weekend for Med-City. And they still need LOTS of volunteers on the course on Sunday. If you're available to help you can email Wally at arnoldw@live.com THANKS!

Vinca

And Chester Woods Trail Run is coming up June 4. It's a great event! More info at Chester Woods Blog. 5K, 10 miles and new for 2011 ... a 50K.
Also, it's almost time for the All-Comers' meets and to make them happen, they need volunteers. Here's the info from Laura:

The 6 meets this year are the following Tuesdays: June 14, 21, 28, July 5, 12, and 19. Meets start at 6:00 and run for a few hours. Please note that June 28 is the mile race for the Rochester Track Club Grand Prix and starts at 5:30. These are the volunteer needs for each night:

     2 volunteers from 4:30-6:00 to help with lining the track and set-up.

     20 volunteers at 5:45 to help with the meet. Volunteers get to hand out ribbons or help out with long 
     jump. The busiest time is always the first hour and then volunteers can start to gradually leave.

You can email Laura at lenz.rowekamp@usfamily.net


Red splendor crab

I'm getting my house ready to sell. I'm hoping to have a very productive weekend on the home front. Painting, cleaning, purging, planting, ... Have a good one!!

No comments: