Sunday, May 22, 2011

It's The Weirdest Thing

Whatever is going on with my left leg is just the weirdest thing. Yesterday morning I could barely walk without pain. This morning it's not 100%, but it's sooo much better. Sometimes it hurts at my ankle. Sometimes my knee. Sometimes in between. It just comes and goes, comes and goes. I'll try running this morning at Dunn Bros. and see how it goes.

So yesterday morning I nixed the running plan and got on the Stairmaster for 2 hours instead. No impact. Gosh that is a sweat-producing machine. It's incredible. Anyway, a good workout. Then when the rain quit, I went outside to work. Among other things, I planted flowers. All of them are planted except the impatiens on the front stoop. I'd been planting them in 2 crocks for years. However, this winter I didn't empty the crocks and they must have gotten pretty waterlogged and they cracked when the contents froze. :-( So I have to find something new. The little fence is the backard is also freshly painted. :-)




After finishing up outside I decided to go for a bike ride, so I took a spin through High Forest. 37 miles. It was just beautiful out in the country. Everything is so green with the recent rain, and there are lilacs and various trees in bloom so the fragrances are just heady in spots. It was very windy from the south. I was so happy to turn north at High Forest.



Then when I got home, just cuz it's so much fun to run on noodle legs, I went for a little run around the neighborhood. :-)

Friday evening I staffed the water stop for the 10K run at Stay Out of the Sun. It was wet and humid.


Amber and Adam were controlling the intersection just to the south of us.


They were planning on a 61 mile fund-raising bike ride yesterday morning. Wonder how that went ... miserable morning for biking with the rain and wind. Emily stopped mid-race and gave me a hug. How nice. :-)


Emily is on the right
Ian was runner #2 when he came by. Didn't recognize #1.



Roger came away with an age-group win. Way to go Roger!!


And Lorelei sure looked like she was having fun. :-)


Wally has put me to work for Med-City next weekend. He's got me as a course marshall Saturday and Sunday, packet pickup for both days and the finish line on Sunday. He still needs lots of volunteers. Please consider helping if you're not running. You can email him at arnoldw@live.com

Well, I guess I'll wash the floor before heading up to Dunn Bros. Enjoy your day. I'll close with some lyrics from Nickelback ... If Today Was Your Last Day.

My best friend gave me the best advice
He said each day's a gift and not a given right
Leave no stone unturned, leave your fears behind
And try to take the path less traveled by
That first step you take is the longest stride

If today was your last day
And tomorrow was too late
Could you say goodbye to yesterday?
Would you live each moment like your last?
Leave old pictures in the past
Donate every dime you have?
If today was your last day

Against the grain should be a way of life
What's worth the prize is always worth the fight
Every second counts 'cause there's no second try
So live like you'll never live it twice
Don't take the free ride in your own life

If today was your last day
And tomorrow was too late
Could you say goodbye to yesterday?
Would you live each moment like your last?
Leave old pictures in the past
Donate every dime you have?
Would you call old friends you never see?
Reminisce old memories
Would you forgive your enemies?
Would you find that one you're dreamin' of?
Swear up and down to God above
That you finally fall in love
If today was your last day

If today was your last day
Would you make your mark by mending a broken heart?
You know it's never too late to shoot for the stars
Regardless of who you are
So do whatever it takes
'Cause you can't rewind a moment in this life
Let nothin' stand in your way
Cause the hands of time are never on your side

If today was your last day
And tomorrow was too late
Could you say goodbye to yesterday?

Would you live each moment like your last?
Leave old pictures in the past
Donate every dime you have?
Would you call old friends you never see?
Reminisce old memories
Would you forgive your enemies?
Would you find that one you're dreamin' of?
Swear up and down to God above
That you finally fall in love
If today was your last day ...

1 comment:

amber said...

Thanks for the great pic! I love to scrapbook so this will probably go into my running book. The bike ride went well. It was rainy and the wind was horrible out near Rock Dell. We also hit a huge downpour by Stewartville. The sun came out near the last hour of the ride, which was great but led to unexpected sunburn. We finished in a little over 5 hours, which for our first big ride and the weather was perfect to us. It was a great experience and we are already planning to do it again next year. Hope your leg shapes up for you, that has to be frustrating. I'll probably see you out at Med City either volunteering or while running on Sunday.