Friday, February 10, 2012

Stepping Out

It's been a fun week, all around. Work and all. I went with friends to happy hour and then to see The Artist (movie) on Tuesday. Really enjoyed it. Silent except for just a couple of words at the end.

Wednesday I worked at JCPenney from 2 to 10 after spending the morning at the law office. It was probably the most fun shift I'd ever worked there. Pretty steady business all the way 'til close. Lots of nice couples came in. The last two were from Montevideo and knew my relatives out there. Small world. My realtor's mom came in and will be back. I just had so much fun chatting with everyone. BTW: All the women's winter coats are $20. Even long wool/cashmere blend.

I actually had a Thursday off, so I went to the RTC board meeting. Congrats to new president Jim Mason, V-P Dave Phillips (also Treasurer in Training), secretary Sonja Kranz and Treasurer Jean Murray. And a big THANK YOU for all they do for the club. Lots of business was discussed. Jim Mason had the Runner of the Year award finished for Paul Melby.



After that broke up sometime after eight, I swung by Team R.E.D. for just a couple of minutes. Then ten of us were getting together to "yack and snack" as we call it at Nancy's house. We haven't gotten to gether for a long time so it was good to see everyone.

Today ... a whole day off, at home ... first time since November I believe. Thoroughly enjoyed it. I baked cookies for the River Runners coming down for Lace-Up on Sunday. There are 12 people particpating from up there. So thankful they are making the trip down and I am looking forward to seeing them.

Oatmeal raisin, Rick and Paul's favorite

Neiman Marcus (m&m/chocolate chip)
I picked up the dippin' stix from Reichel Foods, and picked up the bananas at Kwik Trip last night before R.E.D. Got the Trader Joe's granola bars on Wednesday. Need to try to get some more bananas tomorrow before work as they were one case short.

Got a call at 5:30 from Amy wondering if I'd be up for a spontaneous happy hour. You bet!! So, sans make-up, I headed to the Redwood Room with her. We had martinis and Brussels sprout pizza. DELISH. I had a limoncello martini.

Yikes ...   not a bit of make-up. Sorry.


Amy had a ginger martini.


And our fabulous pizza.


A pretty good week I'd say. I've backed off my mileage this week. I joined the Manic Monday run. And ran 10 on Tues, Wed and Thurs. 2 hours on the Stairmaster Monday. 1 1/2 hour today. My legs have been tired after long hours on my feet and high running mileage last week. Feeling like I've recovered now. But it's going to be soooo cold and windy in the morning. I might get back on the Stairmaster and possibly lift and swim before going to work and do my long run on Sunday afternoon instead.

Numbers are looking very good for Lace-Up. 399 pre-registered for all the events early in the week. I'm guessing there are quite a few more by now. Thank you to everyone running, everyone volunteering and everyone donating. We appreciate all of you!!

Have a great weekend. Stay warm.

1 comment:

Diablo 3 items said...

GREAT formula! We have started out creating my very own washing soap merely not too long ago : and find it irresistible * along with have a very pretreatment bottle of spray : They're Effortless components that i'm likely to supply vid try!!! Many thanks for submitting the idea!