Saturday, February 25, 2012

Quiet

It's been a pretty quiet week for me, and it's a quiet time right now. I'm sitting on the couch with four layers of fleece blankets on.

I ran with the group at the RAC this morning. A chilly morning and I wasn't at the top of my game. I just wasn't much into the run and fought it every mile. I haven't felt very well on on and off this week. My legs were tired, I should have tapered more (my bad, I know) and I just wasn't feeling quite right. Several miles into the run I started feeling a little dizzy. (And here it is 11:45 and I still haven't had breakfast. And still a bit dizzy.) It was a new route. I'm not sure what the official total was because I deviated from the route on 2nd St SW. I took a right on a Cascade Lake section of trail I hadn't been on before (south side of the lake). I then wound through the neighborhood on the NE corner of West Circle Dr/2nd St SW and came out by Trademart. When I got back to the RAC I just needed a couple of tenths and I had 13. Good enough. I didn't want to run a step more. I'm not expecting anything great out of this body next weekend at Napa Valley. The quality training just hasn't been there the last year and a half. Maybe this will be my year to get back into shape and drop some weight. : ) The ball is in my court as they say.

I broke out a new pair of shoes this week. Much needed. It doesn't take too many 70, 80 mile weeks to break down a pair of shoes. I like the colors on these. LOVE the laces. I double knotted them this morning as I always do and the right one still came untied though.


I did some baking yesterday. It's all the freezer now though. Chocolate chip before work ...


and a new recipe ... peanut butter blondies (bars, with chopped peanuts, chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, peanut butter). Didn't take a photo of those but they're pretty good.

Thursday night I wasn't on the work schedule for some reason. But that was fine! So I went to Team R.E.D. We meet at Wildwood Sports Bar and ran a big loop through Soldier's Field and north. 6.25 miles on my Garmin. It was nice to see everyone again. Woo had an interesting appetizer ... alligator. He said it tasted like ... you guessed it. Chicken. : )


He washed it down with a beer on ice through a straw. : )


All the while wearing his Mike's Hard Lemonade beads. : )

Well, I think I'll read the paper and a little more of Cutting for Stone before I have to go to work.

Have a wonderful day!!

1 comment:

Cheap Diablo 3 Items said...

Sweet story. Makes myself want to be far better. Many thanks for discussing. You're amazing. Buy Diablo 3 gold


Billig Gw2 Gold