Monday, February 6, 2012

Nice!!

What a beautiful weekend ... I had a nice 20.00 mile run on Saturday morning before work. thank you Ken English for running way more than you'd planned to keep me company. Brought me to 83.10 for the week. And that was enough. My legs were trashed by Sunday evening. Standing for 8 hours/day doesn't help. So this morning I got on the Stairmaster for 2 hours which seems to be easier on my legs though it's still quite a workout. I went out to the Bear's Den this evening for Manic Monday, Dan's brainchild. Dan, Mike, Dave, Gail and I ran about 6 miles (I went back out for a couple tenths to get to 6 :-) Beautiful evening for a run. Finally got my snowshoe crew jacket from Tom O'. :-) Another long run next weekend, then it'll be time to taper for Napa Valley.

Eric started a new job at Ameriprise Financial today up in the cities. So happy for him. He moved into a studio apartment in uptown this weekend. Still needs a lot of "stuff", but he'll get there. Happy for him having a decent job, health insurance, a place of his own. Matt is substitute teaching. He taught sixth grade science last week and music this week. A couple of his students last week said he was their "favorite substitue ever". Happy for him too.

Looking forward to having some St. Cloud River Runners come down for Lace-Up Against Breast Cancer this weekend. I promised cookies to every one of them. :-) A few of going to meet at Whistle Binkie's north Saturday evening. All are welcome to join us! Brian thought it would be 7:30 or 8:00 by the time they got there.

Getting my hair cut and highlighted tomorrow. That's ALWAYS a good day. I end the day less gray than I started the day and that's a good thing. :-)

Have a great week!
Ramblin' Renee

No comments: