Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Life is Full

First of all, HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!! Hope you're able to do something special with your sweetheart today.
Starting with yesterday ... monthly Cooking Light supper club at Margo's house. On the menu:
Kathryn: Apple-Blue Cheese Chutney (p. 104)
Diane:Hummingbird Bundt Cakes with Bourbon Glaze (p. 120)
Margo: Herb and Citrus Roast Leg of Lamp (p. 87)
Renee: Couscous-Arugula Salad (p. 72)
Pam: White Beans with Prosciutto (p. 39)
Guest: Brussels Sprouts with Bacon, Garlic and Shallots (p. 159/November issue)
Mary: Wine

My raves and faves .. the Brussels sprouts and the Hummingbird Cake. Since the cake had pineapple in it, I didn't think I'd like it. But it must have somehow dissolved or something as I didn't taste it at all. I brought the couscous arugula salad and I thought it was very blah. Wouldn't repeat that recipe. I brought a guest as we are at 7 members right now. My friend Tina.


Here are some photos from the evening ...










It's always a highlight of the month sharing food and laughter with friends.

Stepping back ... Sunday's 20.61 mile run mid-afternoon. Yikes. That was tough. I'd been on my feet since 5:30 AM but I really wanted to get it done. I ran down to the Mayowood trail then ran the Lace-Up Half Marathon route, adding on a bit here and there, and then home. So glad I got it done.

Brian and Kurt came down from St. Cloud on Saturday evening. I met them along with Shannon and Mark at Whistle Binkie's North after work.


Lace-Up. Wow. What a wonderful event, wonderful turnout, wonderful volunteers, wonderful cause. Just plain WONDERFUL!! Twelve River Runners came down from St. Cloud to participate. I was so glad to have them here.


Thank you to everyone that made the day such a success. Here are some photos.













Yesterday morning, 10 slippery slow miles in the fresh snow. I think I'll hit the track this evening, but probably just run in circles ... no speedwork. I'm tapering you know. : ) Jay and Brad bought their tickets for Napa yesterday. Yippee!! It's gonna be FUN!!!

Have a wonderful day.

No comments: