Monday, January 9, 2012

Nothin' New

Hey there. Sorry for the paucity of posts, but there just isn't much to post about.

I worked all weekend, and no days off last week. (I do get Friday off this coming week ... hoorah.) Every day is pretty much the same ... get up, run, go to work, try to sleep. Repeat. Yesterday morning out on 20th St SE and Marion Road (it was nice to run with some daylight!) there were what looked to be recruits or something from the Armory out there. There was a van with a uniformed driver where they were to turn about ... maybe .75 miles from the armory. I came upon the last guy and he was really having trouble. Supposed to run but was walking. The driver got out, said a few words to him and got back in the van. I ran right past after saying good morning to both of them. Had I to do it over again, I'd have stopped and talked to him and tried to keep him going. Hope he didn't "flunk out" of something because he had to get a ride back in.

My cooking group meets tonight at Pam's house. Here's our menu:

Appetizer: Orange –Avocado Salsa with Spicy Tortilla Chips – Diane
Soup: Pasoli - Barbara
Salad: Green Salad – Kathryn
EntrĂ©e: Grilled Portobella and Poblano Tacos – Pam
2nd entree/accompaniment: Renee – Black Bean and Cheese Enchiladas with Ranchero Sauce
Wine: Renee
Margaritas: Kathryn
Dessert: something chocolate! – Mary
 
Really enjoying these temps ... seeing 22, 32 on the thermometer at 6:00 AM, no snow, no ice. Gotta love it though I know we need moisture.
 
Have a great week.

No comments: