Monday, January 30, 2012

Banquets

It was a weekend of banquets. Saturday brought the RTC annual banquet with guest speaker Ruth Brennan Morey. It was nice to catch up with running friends that I don't see too often any more. Unfortunately, I didn't even get my camera out of my purse. (Just prefered to relax after a long day at work I guess). Tom Woo (Thom Woo) has photos posted on Facebook though. Darald Bothun, his daughter, and Barry Knapp have the honor of recreating the historic ski at the Birkie this year. They will be in costume and leave before the rest of the skiers and will finish with the last skiers so everyone gets to see them.

Sunday brought a trip up to St. Cloud for the annual River Runners banquet. It's always so much fun to get together with these folks. What a wonderful group of runners that I am happy to call my friends.


Ron, Bonnie, Dave, Kathy, Tammie, Tag, Adam


Anne, Roxanne, Erin

Sharon and Nikki

Jodi, Bob, Kurt, George, Buddy

Cindy, Phil, Val

I was floored when Sharon Hobbs started talking about this year's recipient of their annual award, the Carey Burke award. The more she talked, I realized she was talking about me. I started shaking, then sobbing. I was so surprised, so humbled, so honored to be selected. As I've said in other forums today, the running communities that I am a part of have given me so much more than I have ever given back. You are all a blessing to me.





I've got to put in a plug for the Lake Wobegon Trail Marathon (that's race director Sharon in three photos with me above). Sharon had the finishers' medals on display last night. They are BEAUTIFUL. Silk ribbons (not the usual grosgrain) screened on both sides, nice heavy medallion. EVERYTHING about this race is first rate, it's the fastest and flattest marathon I've ever run, and it's the best value out there!!


Workouts lately: 70.28 run miles last week. (Sun/26.42, Tues /6.04, Wed/6.25, Thurs/10.25, Fri/8.21, Sat/13.11). Monday: 1 hour bike. Tuesday 2.6 showshoe. Wed lift, 1 hr swim, 40 min bike. Yesterday and today, 6.01 mile run. Loving these wonderful winter temps!!

Well, here it is. My Ocala marathon finish photo complete with huge legs, bad hair and slow time.


It is what it is.

Go. Be. Do. And have a wonderful week!!

No comments: