Monday, April 6, 2009

The Opener

Well, it's shaping up to be a busy week for me! I'm hosting a lunch at church tomorrow, and then all the preparations for the Fetzer, the "Opener" for the RTC race season. The weather sounds like it's going to be perfect for Saturday. No mention of rain until Monday, and the temps are going to slowly warm to almost 60. Doesn't get much better than that! Then I'm hosting Easter here on Sunday which means I'll probably go home after the race and bake bread and pies. I'm going to be soooo tired by the end of the weekend ...

The Rah!Rah!Rochester video has been posted on YouTube . The middle of the 3 segments is my little bit on the Fetzer 20K and 2-Mile. I am soooo unphotogenic. Here's the final artwork for the Fetzer shirts which are going to print now. The sleeves are 3/4 length.



I know who this week's Post-Bulletin athlete of the week is going to be. A lot of you know her too. She's an RTC member and is running v-e-r-y well. :-) Way to go, ... Mary Chestolowski!!

Here's a link to Tom Woo's Fool's Five photos: Webshots (email me if this doesn't work ... I don't know if the link is specific to me or not)

Here are my photos:


Well, I'm hoping to have enough homemade cookies for the runners on Saturday, so I made three batches this evening:

Peanut Sitting Pretties (so yummy and so pretty ... for any holiday)

Reese's Pieces


A different kind of Reese's


Oldest son Eric came home from Luther this evening to watch the Twins (who are currently behind Seattle 4-1 ... ouch). It's so nice to have him home. He graduates in May. (Looks like he dripped something on his inside-out Twins shirt. :-) He's wearing the hat I had autographed during Spring Training. They don't get the Twins' games in Decorah. White Sox, yes.

Here's the Peanut Sitting Pretties recipe:

1 c. butter
1/2 c. brown sugar
2 eggs, separated
1 tsp. vanilla
2 c. flour
1/2 tsp. salt
Finely chopped walnuts
1 can vanilla frosting
Holiday peanut M & M candies

Blend butter and sugar in a bow; stir in egg yolk and vanilla. Sift in flour and salt. Mix well and chill for 1 hour. Roll into 1" balls. Dip into slightly beaten egg white; roll in nuts and bake at 350 degrees for 5 minutes. Press thumb gently in center and bake for an additional 5 minutes. Let cool. Fill thumb print with frosting and top with a peanut M & M.

Time to get back to the game(s) (NCAA final as well) and read the newspaper.

Thought for the day: "Life is like a game of tennis; the player who serves well seldom loses."

Ha det bra! (Norwegian...kind of like "see ya")

No comments: