Wednesday, April 8, 2009

The Countdown

2 days from now, I'll be totally entrenched in the minutiae that comprises (compromises?) race directing. And in 3 days, it'll be done for yet another year. The BIG things (shirts, race numbers, medals, food, venue)? They're easy. "The devil is in the details" as they say. The details are what keep me awake at all hours of the night, what cause me to write endless notes and reminders, and what make my head spin in the final days. If I follow my 3-page checklist, I think I'll be good to go. Having such a terrific weather forecast is making me sleep much better as well. Here's an article in the Post-Bulletin about the race. Thank you, Paul Christian! I'm even quoted. :-)

But as of now, I'm still TOTALLY in control! I actually spent a totally wonderful day in the cities today. And I met up with our RRCA rep, Kim Maxwell. (She's holding some lemon bars that I made yesterday. They were very well received by her hubby. :-)


OK. Some trivia here. Here's a photo I snapped near Whole Foods. First one to identify the approximate location/venue (doesn't have to be exact, just general) gets a dozen cookies!! Many of us have many memories here ...


Running Room news: Spring/summer clothing is arriving. Stop by and check it out. Also, purchase any Asics regular price footwear and receive a pair of Kayano socks free. Retail value $13.99.


I received this info in an email today. (I'd do this in a heartbeat!) The Caribbean Islands Marathon Cruise is designed with most every type of runner in mind - and you walkers too! Timed distances will vary daily from day to day - from a half-marathon to 5k. The runs are supervised and well marked, with fun and your safety first and foremost. John "The Penguin" Bingham & coach Jenny Hadfield's talks and sessions are also there to help you become the best runner you can and to keep you entertained throughout the week. February 6-13, 2010 Grand Turk * San Juan * St. Thomas * Half Moon Cay Visit our website

RTC board meeting tomorrow night. 6 PM at the Rochester Athletic Club. RTC members are welcome to attend. I'll be there presenting status on my race.

Well, I think I'll put the Twins on TV. I'm listening on the radio presently. I enjoy John Gordon and Dan Gladden doing play by play. Sometimes I have them on the radio and the sound off on the TV. However, the radio is a couple of seconds ahead of the TV so sometimes it's a spoiler to do it that way. What a finish to the game last night! Totally exciting.

Quote for the day: "If I can stop one heart from breaking, I shall not live in vain." --Emily Dickinson

Until next time!

2 comments:

Suzanne LaPalm said...

Summit Avenue - TC Marathon course.

Ramblin' Renee said...

Suzanne is the winner of a dozen cookies!!! Congrats!