Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Packing Up

Just wanted to let you know I'm still alive and well. Just very, very busy. I've been spending virtually every spare minute going through all my posessions trying to decide ... keep? sell? donate? throw? And I've had enough. I've been to Goodwill more times than I can count and I own decidedly less than I did a few weeks ago. I already wish I'd kept a few things, but there's no getting them back now. But, it's only "stuff". I even skipped a workout Monday in order to keep rolling.

Jean and Amy hosted a wonderful, wonderful going away party for me on Sunday. I've written down the names of those I remember greeting, those who signed the big pink posterboard and those in Tom Woo's photos and they now number 129. I didn't even get a chance to greet everyone. I think I did a pretty good of remaining composed. Truth be told, it reminded me a bit of attending my own funeral. But I am excited about my future in CA and looking forward to being moved (not the actual move, nor the final goodbyes) and already looking forward to my first visit back to Rochester. A huge thank you to everyone who came out on Sunday, those that have emailed (I just haven't had time to respond to all of them individually). I will miss all my Minnesota friends but want to maintain the friendships from a distance if at all possible. Thank goodness for blogs!, Facebook, cell phones and airplanes (five hours from MSP to FAT going through SLC on Delta) or I don't think I could make this big of a move.

This weekend brings the Lake Wobegon Trail Marathon (Saturday). Someone from a southern state contacted me last year after hearing about the passing of Paul Melby and we've kept in contact during the year. He was moved by Paul's story and is similar in age and marathon finish time to Paul's time at Wobegon last year. Long story short, he had a number for Boston this year (262) and emailed it to me to give to the Melby family, along with a photoshopped version of the number pickup card with Paul's name, age, b-date, qualifying time, address on it. I printed everything and put it all in a shadow box for the Melby family and gave it to them on Saturday. I cried. I cry a lot lately ....


All this runner wanted in return was this photo. So kind. So thoughtful.

Here are a few shots from Sunday (thank you Tom Woo), then I must return to the sorting & packing, packing & sorting ... Here's a link to the full album: http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Ffamily.webshots.com%2Falbum%2F582758633YdsyDo&h=kAQH0DZfSAQGmQBRdPAny_SSdVYJIUHzWwaxy0RKcIpAdcQ






M&M -- Michelle & Matt
m&m&m ... Michelle, Matt and Momma Sax!!






Trevor's awesome new wheels ... yes, he let me drive. 0 to 60 in under 5!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Paul earned it and I am glad it was made available to his family in his memory.

buy fifa coins said...

Great day time. I love your site publish. Everything appears wonderful.


lol代练
FIFA 15 Coins