Thursday, May 3, 2012

Moving On

Dear Blog Readers,

I've been negligent in posting lately. And that's because ... I'm moving on. I'm moving to central California in two weeks so life is exceptionally busy. One should move at least once every 30 year to purge some unnecessary clutter!! It's one thing moving across town where you just throw it in a car or a truck and haul it into the new place. But when you're paying by the pound to move, and keep, it, well that'a whole new set of decisions to be made.

I was offered a full-time job in an attorney's office. Benefits. Vacation. No nights. No weekends. What's not to like?? It felt like a perfect fit right from the get go. I'm very excited about it. The house I'm renting is now for sale, so I'd have to move again anyway. Everything came together perfectly. Like Ada said, it seems like it was meant to be.

So ... look for lots of interesting posts in the months ahead. I'll be just west of the Sierra Nevadas. You can see them from town. An hour from vineyard country. 4 hours from L.A. 5 hours from San Francisco. Meanwhile, there are many decisions to be made ... keep? throw? sell? donate?

Some friends are throwing me a happy hour at Whistle Binkie's on the Lake on Sunday (the 6th) from 5 to 8. Please stop by. I want to see as many friends as I can before I leave.

Stay tuned.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an exciting time for you! Well wishes on your travels and journey to CA! Can't wait to see the many places you will go!

Laura said...

You are going to be missed BIG time! But, I am excited to visit you in California. :)