Sunday, January 9, 2011

Beautiful Day

It started out very cold this morning, well below zero, so before church I got on the climbing block on the bike trainer for an hour. By mid-afternoon it was just a beautiful MN winter day. About 20 degrees and not too much wind. The roads/paths/sidewalks were in pretty good shape. I'd allowed myself enough time to run 7.25 slow miles, but after I got out there I was feeling good and I ended up running 10.16 quick miles. Very nice run. I wore my new Running Room Fit-Wear tights and really like them. They were plenty warm. I was actually overdressed for the day.

Matt played a cute little trumpet at church today. He played a couple of tunes from his upcoming senior recital. He sounded great.



I made a casserole to bring to my brother's house for supper. He's got a brand new car. Totaled the last one ...



I made them a pan of brownies with snowflake sprinkles ...


and a chicken/rotini/roasted pepper casserole.



The kids are so cute. Kaleigh loves Minnie Mouse.




Kaleigh gave me a picture for my refrigerator. She's 4.


After I left my brother's house, I went to Trader Joe's to pick up the ingredients that I didn't already have for Cooking Light tomorrow: quoinoa, mint, parsley and shallots.


We meet tomorrow night at Margo's home. Here's what's on the menu:

Salad (Mary)
Appetizer (Pam)
Appetizer (Laura)
Roasted Pork with Cherry and Caramelized-Onion Sauce (Margo)
Quinoa with Cherries and Pistachios (Renee)
Brioche Rolls (Diane)
Cranberry Cheesecake (Barbara)
Wine (Kathryn)
It's at my house in February so I'll be choosing the next menu tomorrow night.

I spent quite a bit of time power-cleaning the upstairs bathrooms. What a good job to get done.




I thought of one more item to add to my list of New Year's resolutions ... practice more Random Acts of Kindness.

That's it for the today. Good night.

No comments: