Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Out and About

Morning workout: lifted and swam for an hour (the hour actually zipped by today). The best day for getting in my long run for the week was today, so late afternoon I ran for 16 about miles. I put my old Garmin on after having it plugged ina ll night. Dead. So I ran some known distances (two of my "loops around the hill" which are 7.25 miles each and each requires a trip over Historic hill and up Fox Valley Drive, and the 1.5 miles on top of the hill). Cuba is getting a little closer. (See the Team R.E.D. blog for what I mean by that.) The run took forever due to lots of interruptions of various sorts, but I got it done. 30 degrees when I started which was really nice. And who did I run into? One of my very favorite runners in the whole wide world. Matt!!


We finished my first loop of the hill together. His girlfriend Maren from Nebraska is going to run the Lace-Up Half. Hoo-rah!! Matt will be there for moral support. I'm going to try to talk him into running the 5K. Speaking of which, the Lace-Up Against Breast Cancer Half Marathon Preview Run (LUABCHMPR :-) is Saturday morning at 7:30 at the Mayo H.S. tennis courts. Also, I believe Team R.E.D. is running from the Bear's Den in Byron at 6:00 PM on Thursday. Even though it's cold, we just keep on runnin' ...

Guess who's the guest speaker at the St. Cloud River Runner annual banquet on 1/30?? Carrie Tollefson!! It will be fun to hear her speak again. I heard her at Fool's Five a few years ago.

Our own Dr. Ed Creagan will be on KROC-AM (1340) on Medical Edge Weekend Saturday morning at 9:05. He's an oncologist at Mayo, a really nice guy (and so is his wife Peggy!), and he will talk about stress and longevity.

I forgot to mention in last night's post that I was caught on camera by Chuck Sibley from KTTC-TV late yesterday afternoon while running north on West Circle Drive SW. He was filming the sun shining through the trees and he got me. I hardly ever have the news on at 6, but happened to be eating then so turned it on. AND ... I just happened to look up for the preview for the weather ... and there I was. Sue Palmer, Chris O'Brien and Ron Giles caught it too. And ... Tracy McCray asked me for a quote for her P-B column ... What did I learn in 2010? Check her column to see if she uses it. :-)

I guess I should decide soon if I'm going to have another contest this year. Last year it was Guess the Number of Cookies I Bake in 2010. I'm thinking about something along the lines of How Many Salads Will I Eat in 2011? If you have any fun ideas, email me.

That's all I know today. Good night.

1 comment:

Julie said...

I am on the fence about Lace-Up. I am also on the fence with the St. Paul Securian Half. I might do the Securian 10K instead. I need to build up my miles again. Hopefully I will be up to a half in February:)

Take care Renee!