Sunday, January 2, 2011

The Double Half

Last New Year, Trevor and Dan started a new New Year's tradition ... the Double Half (marathon). They'd (we'd) run 13.1 miles each day of the new year (can't remember if it was the 31st and the 1st last year ...) and we'd have run a marathon already when the year had just begun. Last year it was unbelievably cold on the first. I'll never forget that. When we went out, after the Polar Bear lunch here, I think it was -11 not including the wind chill. Today, much better. 14 above when I finally got out and a lot less wind than yesterday. Still noticable from the south so I pulled my face mask up going into the wind, but all in all very pleasant. So ... I got in my (double half) marathon with my 13.11 miles today.

We moved the Strain brunch over here at the last minute when Dan's boys got sick on Friday. It was a small group ...

Andy, Dan, Trevor, Tom, Chris
but very casual, relaxing and very fun. My smile and laugh muscles were tired when everyone pulled out about 11 AM. Jim Li showed up after the run portion of the morning, just home from a family ski trip to UT.




Dan brought Steel Cut Oats, some strata and salted nut rolls. I made a batch of scones and pulled out some cookies.


I didn't make quite enough coffee ... but Dan had some hot cider too. Yummy breakfast. Somehow we got talking about Boston Marathon jackets so I pulled out mine. I guess I didn't buy one in 2005.


Got a trainer tire and my bike set up on my new Kurt Kinetic trainer last night. I'm going for a ride when I finish this post. :-)


I FINALLY finished the snowman wreath I'd been working on. Didn't make it before Christmas but I did the best I could. Turned out kinda cute ...


TTFN.

No comments: