Wednesday, January 12, 2011

BBBbbbbbb .........

Beetles

Twelve us us were at Beetles last night at one or other. I'm afraid these pix aren't very flattering, but they're all I have. Present were ... Mike Schmitt, Bri Hamann, Jean Murray, Teresa and David Walters, Jim Li, Tom O'Leary, Dom Trom (Suk), Sonja and Scott Kranz, Roger Heil and me.






Bri

Congrats to Bri, who was accepted into grad. school at the U of M!!! :-)

Bike

After I got home from Beetles last night, I rode the bike for an hour. Did the same this evening. I really enjoy it. I'm now able to shift up a gear for the balance of my ride (large chainring, 5th largest cog on the cassette). (I ran 10.03 miles this morning. Nice run. Much nicer than yesterday's 10.02 and it was 6 minutes faster because the surfaces were much cleaner.)

Best Buy

I've never been a Best Buy fan. And after today, I am still not a Best Buy fan. Kathryn and I went there this morning to replace my desk top at work. We found a bundle that we wanted and asked the salesperson which boxes were what we needed. He pointed to one for the monitor (which I gave to Kathryn to carry ... it was pretty light) and I pulled out the box for the tower (quite a bit heavier). The 20-something salesman didn't offer to help carry it to the Geek Squad checkout where we had to make the purchase. He just said to follow him. After heaving it up on the counter, I'd strained something in my back. It's still sore. He then scanned the two boxes and said that this was the wrong tower, AND they didn't sell the right one any more. I asked if he would substitute something else for a "bundle" package. No. He then checked online at the south store and said they had two of the towers. We could go down there if we wanted. We asked if one could be delivered to the north store or our office. No. Not without a delivery charge. We asked if we could speak to a manager. No. Kathryn and I chatted and I said I'd go down there after work and pick it up. He called the south store and they said they didn't have two ... they had one and it was the display model. We decided we'd take it. They said it would be at the service counter for pickup. It was ready when I got there. They were very pleasant. Shocking.

Brothers

OSS will be running from Brothers on South Broadway Saturday morning at 7:30 ...

Birthday

... and it will be John Shonyo's birthday!! Happy (early) Birthday, John!!

Well, I can't think of a caption for this one that starts with "B". I stopped at Chris Kujath's Antique Mall on South Broadway this afternoon on the way to Best Buy. Very nice shop. Everything is displayed very nicely.



Bedtime

Good night.

1 comment:

WOW Gold said...

thanks a lot for sharing. i was looking for something like that.