Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Wheels, Take 2


I test rode another bike today. I decided I needed to take a ride on a tri bike as part of this bike purchase decision. I rode 30 miles. I have to say, I didn't like it one bit. For one thing, it was windy today, there weren't good shoulders on the road, and there was traffic. I felt like I was being blown around and felt VERY unsteady. And I didn't like the components on this bike. Cane Creek brand. My neck and shoulders were hurting, and I didn't spend much time in the tucked in position. Not a pleasant experience, but maybe I didn't give the bike a fair shot ... I rode the orange Trek 25 wonderfully pleasant miles yesterday.

I had lunch at Pescara with my friend Margo today. I had an Asian salmon salad. It was very, very good. I highly recommend it.

Margo had the Crab Cake Slider with Lobster Bisque, which was also very good.

Congratulations to Deb Thomford for her correct answers to the Where Is It? contest in the September issue of RTC News. She's earned a dozen Oatmeal Cranberry cookies! (I gave her her choice. :-)

We went to Winona on Sunday to celebrate Matt's 21st birthday. I brought him a batch of chocolate chip/Reese's Pieces cookies and a cherry pie.


Here's the birthday boy. :=) His hair is cut really short .. shorter than ever before. It's the results of an 'oops' during a haircut by a friend. :-) At first it was shocking, but then I decided I really liked it.

We went to Jefferson Pub & Grill for supper. Good, as usual. Bub's wasn't open on Sunday.

After supper we drove up to Garvin Heights, a beautiful overlook over the river and the city.
The Cookie of the Month Club got Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chip cookies for their delivery this month.

This post is turning in a total "foodie' post!!

Justin Murray emailed saying that he again had an abundance of pears and plums from the trees in his back yard ... and would I like some? Sure! They've been delicious in the past. I've canned the pears and made jam with the plums.

He and Jan have a beautiful home right on the edge of the country club.

A few leftovers from the Victory races yesterday: a link to Gary Westerlund's photos and a link to the results. Also, Tom Woo passed along a link to a age-graded calculator where your age is factored in with your finish time for a standardized result. Kind of interesting to see how finish times compare when age is not a factor.

Picked some produce from the garden (thank you Pete Martin for the corn). I have some canning to do now. Picked the first of the beets.


Get a free sample of Kashi cereal at http://www.kashi.com/

Quote for the day: "Most people are about as happy as they make up their minds to be." --Abraham Lincoln

Good night!

No comments: