Thursday, September 10, 2009

Thursday's Thoughts

Morning workout: Run to the Y, lift, talk to Mary Wernstrom :-), run home. Put my oatmeal in the microwave and ran another mile while it cooked. :-) Might take a short bike ride later in the day. I know these nice warm days are numbered.

There's a story about the Treadman Duathlon in Minnesota Tri News with a special mention of Rochester's Jim Hannon.

Last night I did go swim at the Rec Center from 9 to 10. Andrew Becker was there so we chatted for a while before I got in the water. Mostly about bikes. At about 9:40 I was the only one left in the pool. (There were only 5 people there in total during the hour. Nice!) So finally about 9:55 I took pity on the guard watching one old lady s-l-o-w-l-y swim across the pool (!) and left). No one in the locker room. Light off up stairs and on the ice. No one in the office. I didn't see another soul once I left the pool. Kind of creepy ... there was one car in the parking lot however.

It looks like Beetles will be the location for a monthly social gathering. Please take the poll as to which day of the week works out better. If you have a preference as to which week of the month, or anything else for that matter, please shoot me an email.


I think I'm going to run the North Face 1/2 Marathon (trail) in Madison, WI October 24. That means I should get some trail running in. Some of my friends from St. Cloud are doing it, including Cindy, who's running her first 50-miler! Go Cindy!!


I'm thinking of organizing a run around town to see all the decorated geese. Don't know what the mileage or route would be, but I think it would be kind of fun.




Good luck this weekend to many people doing long distance events: Trevor Distad (Ironman Wisconsin), Jim Benike (Superior Trail 50 miler), Rob Mitchell and Chris Koch (Superior Trail 100 miler), Dan Strain (Square Lake 1/2 Ironman), Michelle Williamson and Tom Williamson (Lake Geneva Olympic). You guys rock!!

Time to get busy. Have a wonderful day!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Renee -- There was an article on www.madison.com a few days ago about drowning during the Ironman in Lake Mendota (or was it Lake Monona). ... found it! That darn swimming portion. Everyone be careful!

http://host.madison.com/ct/article_060d8b8c-41a6-5dd7-ad38-2453dcebc1ea.html

~Leslie