Monday, September 14, 2009

Pick Myself Up, Dust Myself Off ...

... and start all over again. That's what I have to do. I'm still feeling down and out about yesterday's miserable performance at the 25K. I have to just put it behind me and move on. Tomorrow's workout will hopefully be 1/4 miles. Today was a relative off day ... 5 mile run (to and from the Y, very slow), lifted and swam an hour. Legs felt a little tired. Sounds like it's going to be a warm week. Summer arrived in mid-September this year. :-)


After the race yesterday, I stopped at Marathon Sports in Minneapolis. They had just marked a lot of summer merchandise down to 50% off. I got a tri suit. It's one piece, with pockets on the back. I love a bargain. I'd wanted a one piece suit, but didn't want to pay full price.



Speaking of sales, HyVee Crossroads has my favorite flour, King Arthur Flour, on sale. I stopped in today to get some sweet corn. I still haven't had my fill this season. The season is definitely winding down, though. It's not as sweet and tender as it was a few weeks ago.

I picked up another bike at Rochester Cyling and Fitness to test ride. It's a Cannondale Supersix.



I'll give it a ride tomorrow. This evening I've been moving furniture. I'm going to shampoo the carpets tomorrow. Today I've been cleaning closets and trying to get rid of "stuff". My church (Redeemer Lutheran) is having a rummage sale Friday and Saturday. It feels soooo good to get rid of clutter.

Congratulations to Trevor Distad who can now hang another label on himself ... Ironman!! He earned his stripes at Ironman Wisconsin yesterday despite some pretty severe stomach trouble during the marathon. I'd been on the phone with Karen Williamson during the evening and they were able to locate him at mile 19. What an achievement. I'm so proud of him!!

You can download the September Running Room eMagazine here.

Slow news day. :-) I'll wrap this up and go work on a quilted table runner I started this morning. I'll post a photo when it's done. It's a birthday gift.

Quote for the day: "Great works are performed not by strength, but by perseverance." --Samuel Johnson

Toodle-oo!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Confident it had been an excellent weekend break!, I am satisfied for you!, your ensemble is actually georgeous! D3 Gold



Guild Wars 2 Gold