Monday, September 21, 2009

Do you remember, the 21st night of September?

Remember that old song by Earth, Wind and Fire? I do. But I'm old. :-)

...

Ba de ya - say do you remember
Ba de ya - dancing in September
Ba de ya - never was a cloudy day

Ba de ya - say do you remember
Ba de ya - dancing in September
Ba de ya - golden dreams were shiny days

This evening I had my Cooking Light ladies over at my house for our monthly dinner. It was a good meal. Thank you to all of them for their delicious contributions!! Our menu:

Ginger-Nectarine Salsa with some chips (Pam)
Thyme Corn Bread (Margo)
Garlicky Spaghetti with Beans and Greens (Renee)
Beet and Arugula Salad with Kefalotyri(Mary)
An apple dessert of your choosing (Diane) (it was apple crisp)
Summer Biscotti (Laura)
Spiced Nuts (Kathryn)
Wine (Barbara)


Faves and raves? I really liked the Ginger Nectarine Salsa. And the pasta. But everything was good and worthy of repeating. The nuts and biscotti were take homes so I have to sample those ...

Mark your calendars!! October 17 will be a breakfast run at my house! I did this last spring just before the marathon training class started up and would like to do it again after the marathon training class finishes up. I had about 30 last time. Let's try for a few more this time. :-) We'll run at 7:30 AM and eat afterwards. More details to follow.

I picked up the Rochester Half Marathon shirts in Kasson today. But it's going to take some time to get the labels printed for those to be mailed, sorting the ones that can be picked up in Rochester, etc. and I'm going out of town on Wed and won't be home until Monday. So ... if you read this, are on the 'shirtless list' and would pick your shirt up in town, please email me.

Bill Nevala talked to me at the Y pool this morning. Community Education contacted him about doing an Intro to Multisport class and he wanted to know what I thought (and if I'd help, being I was a newbie this year). I think it's a great idea and I'm willing to help present. So stay tuned, and read those Community Ed brochures!!

Time to get to bed. It's been a full day.

Good night!

No comments: