Tuesday, January 29, 2008

From 40 above to a blizzard warning ... in 24 hours...

Lest you think I got buried in a snowbank somewhere (which was a distinct possibility at about noon today when I was last out and about), I thought it was time to post!

Well, we're up to 99 RSVPs for the banquet! A record! We've now got until Wednesday for RSVPs, so it'd be great it we broke 100. If you'd like to come, please email me. I phoned in the menu yesterday: Lasagna, pasta primavera (vegeterian), broccoli, tossed salad, breadsticks, cake. Beverages are extra. The speakers should be great. I'm starting to shake in my boots ... I don't like public speaking, but I'll survive!! Though next year I do look forward to sitting at a table and letting David run the show. ;-)

With this crazy, blizzardy weather, I'm thinking of heading out to the indoor track at RCTC in the morning. It's open to the public from 6-8 am and 5-10 pm for walking/running. Here's the link RCTC Fieldhouse Info Info at the bottom of the page.

I'm working on organizing an Intro to Pilates with RTC member Fred Woolman. Fred teaches Pilates through Community Education. I know I'm extremely inflexible and tight and thought that it might be beneficial to get a little intro from a fellow runner. Fred's a great guy. ;-) Anyway, it'd be about an hour and a half according to Fred and we're working on scheduling a room. Probably an evening or weekend. If you'd be interested, please let me know. We're limiting it to no more than 10-20 folks.

Instructors are needed for Running Room clinics beginning the week of March 10. If you're interested please see Paula at the store or email her at Running Room manager (Rochester)
I've got a Fetzer website off this site under Links->Race websites, but would like to 'spiff it up' as they say. I only know HTML and don't have any of the newfangled software that can create something more snappy. If you'd be willing to help me on this endeavor, please contact me. Thank you much.

Kevin Torgerson is still taking pledges for his Super Plunge (plunging once an hour for 24 hours). If you're not plunging, you should be pledging according to Kevin! More info at Special Olympics Minnesota under 'Find a Plunger'.


Here's a link to the theaters showing Spirit of the Marathon on February 21 Spirit of the Marathon tickets I'd highly recommend it.

I had a dream the other night (actually early morning) that I was running Med-City, pretty much by myself. The course went through Olmsted Community Hospital and through a residential building in which there were purple arrows on the floor directing the runners around furniture. I was complaining to the volunteers that I went around the furniture and the others didn't. When I was running outside, it was VERY windy and I was getting nowhere, FAST. I'd look at my watch and the time was passing, but I wasn't getting any closer to the finish. I had like 45 minutes to get 3 miles and qualify for Boston, but didn't make it. Very strange. I wonder what all this means ... I need an interpreter of dreams. ;-)

Well, let's hear from Larry Pederson, race director of 1) Broadway Cabin Fever Stair Climb (March 15--be there or be square! It's only $5.) 2) All Comers meets, and 3) Co-director of Chester Woods Trail race. He's also on the RTC board and is our membership chair. Thank you for all you do, Larry!



Larry is to the left of the sign, and Fred Woolman is to the right of the sign. This is at taken at the top of the Broadway Plaza where the stair climb event is taking place. Also in the photo are Dick Westerlund, far left, Ron Sundsmo, far right, and Dean Ferber, partially hidden. I'm taking the photo with my cell phone (hence the poor quality).

Family? Wife Jane, walker, two daughters, Sarah, married, 2 1/2 year old daughter in La Crosse, Laura, married, in Milwaukee.
Hobbies? Running, golf, travel, I try to combine all three if possible.
Languages you speak? English only. In fact one reason I went to Winona State was because they had no foreign language requirement!
How did you get started in running? Stress relief and weight management while at IBM.
Miles per week on average? Try for 25-30, at the RAC during winter months except for weekend, more while getting ready for a marathon.
Your defacto, comfortable as a broken-in shoe training route? From home behind Hoover School, down West River Parkway, down to 7th St, around Silver Lake, 6 miles.
How often do you run it? 3 times a week if weather cooperates. Favorite carbo loading food? Spaghetti & meat sauce.
Favorite indulgence food? Ice cream & nuts.
Next race? St Paul Securian Half Marathon, then 10 K over the bridge in Charleston, SC in April.
Running goals? I turn 65 in May before my next marathon, a 4:15 will get me to Boston.
Running dream? Bring my family to Boston and see me run it.

Thought for the day: 'Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going' Jim Ryun

Take it easy.

No comments: