Monday, October 18, 2010

We're In!

Baastin ... here we come!! Registration for the 2011 Boston Marathon opened this morning. Their archaic-looking registration software was also having issues. I haven't seen such a plain, boring registration screen as the Boston one in FOREVER. And many people contacted me asking if I was having problems with it (I was ... every time we typed in everything and clicked on SUBMIT, the screen would refresh with everything blanked out. It was doing that for a couple of hours). These people have contacted me that they have registered: Andy, Trevor, Jim Li, Roger, Laree (who's also staying at the Ramada : ). I see that Kristin O'Meara and Dave Nagorney are registered too. During reg, they now stipulate that there are no deferments to the next year FOR ANY REASON. In the past, if for some reason you couldn't run and your qualifier wasn't good for the next year, you could defer one year. No more with the demand for spots.

< Segue: Listening to Don McLean singining American Pie on my iPod. What a great song. >

Rails to Trails update: Ann Moyer is running the half. Joe is running the 5K. Maybe I should run the half s-l-o-w-l-y as my last long run before OBX. Hmmmm ....

Cherie sent me a link to the tutu instructions for Living History Farms. Looks very easy and VERY fun. I'm going to have to peruse the Halloween stuff and see what might look groovy with a tutu. : ) There's going to be a mini LHF-type race out at Gamehaven on November 13 I'll be out of town. : ( Race info on the RTC website. Pictures from the preview run here. Should be fun!!

6 AM Tuesday: Meeting Trevor and Jim Benike and Alvin Benike, Inc. to discuss ultramarathons. I'll take photos. Maybe bring a couple cookies. : ) I'll run over there.

Dave Morrill passed along this trail closure notice: The segment of the Bear Creek trail from Pinewood Road to the first pedestrian bridge will be closed this fall and all of 2011 due to the 20 St SE road construction. The Bear Creek “loop” north of the pedestrian bridge will remain open. Race / walk officials will need to adjust their events accordingly.




For the first time in a couple of months, I ran to the Y to lift and swim this morning. Yippee!! It was a great morning for a run. I carried Brian Erwin's bag full of birthday cookies in my backpack (along with my swimming stuff--towel, goggles, cap, flip flops, etc.). It was pretty heavy, but I think the cookies arrived relatively unscathed. Happy 50th Birthday Brian! You wear it well. I on the other hand, look horrible ... I look like I just rolled out of bed or something.


I was thinking about going for a bike ride this afternoon, but couldn't get myself motived to do so for some reason. So I got on the Stairmaster for 2 hours and got caught up on my magazines. It didn't feel dreadfully hard like it does some days.

Supper tonight ... the other package of the Sam's Club butternut squash ravioli, first boiled then sauteed with onion, peppers, garlic, basil. And once again ... yum.



After supper I went to Walmart. I just had to take a picture of this display.


I had a coupon for a free can of Edge shave gel. I got the one for super-sensivite skin thinking it would be most gentle. It comes "with Oatmeal". I've never seen a shave gel containing oatmeal before. Interesting.


Wanda (and Rick): I also picked up the can of pink spray-on temporary hair color for OBX. : )
 
I also had a coupon for a free Van Kamp's product --- anything. So one time last week when I was at HyVee, I picked up this can of beans:
 
 
I think it's 7 pounds. Why get a little one when a big one is "the same price"? (Free. : )

Enough for today. Good night.

No comments: