Wednesday, April 14, 2010

So Behind, Part Deux

Just returned from dinner with the gals at Twigs. It was a belated birthday celebration for Jean. A delicious meal and fun conversation. What's not to like about that?? I had salmon with a balsamic glaze and mango/pineapple salsa.


Yesterday morning, I was the "guest runner" at Jefferson School for the Jefferson Joggers. They are training for the Med-City Kids' Marathon. Kate has well over 125 students participating. When I got there they were warming up in the gym. Then it was time for me to speak. I spent a few minutes talking about eating properly, drinking plenty of water, getting enough sleep (I should heed my own advice), not going out too fast, etc. And I told them that one of the most important things they can do is to encourage each other, both in training and during a race. Those of us that run marathons know how helpful that can be during those "rough patches".

Then it was outside to run laps on the field. I was so happy to see so many kids participating, and with enthusiasm.

There were six 20K single age records set at the Fetzer on Saturday. (Digger Carlson, Dick Westerlund, Rosemary Harnly, Sandra Dalquist, Andriette Wickstrom, Marie Boyd). Every year this is the case, and I create certificates for them and mail them out.

That's the nice thing about an odd distance race--it's much more likely that a record will be set.

At noon, I delivered Fetzer shirts to the Y runners. They purchased the Cookies of the Month for 2010 once again, so they're officially Fetzer sponsors (the money goes toward the cash prize purse). That's Jamie, Jim (who ran 100 miles on Saturday), and K.C.


I got my Disney Princess half marathon plaque the other day.

News from Lake Wobegon: I will once again be baking cookies for the volunteers. I'm very happy to do it. The finisher's medals are custom made this year. They're very nice.


Last night was a hill training night once again. But I behaved myself. I ran 4.98 miles but didn't do hills. Just toodled around at the base and even did some walking. Tomorrow I'll run 5 or 6 at Brothers and that'll be it. I'll probably swim a little bit on Friday. Then it's off to Beantown. After last night's run, it was off to Beetles for food and fun.

Roger, Randy, Jim, Mike

Tracy, Andy, Tom, Matt, Paul

I'm a couple days behind reading the Post-Bulletin, so I guess I'll move on to that now.

Until tomorrow.

No comments: