Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Happy Hump Day

Welcome to the middle of the week. :-)

My morning brought a nice run--my Monday hill route. 11.3 miles. The roads were in better shape today than on Monday. Today there was enough snow that had fallen that the plows had been out. On Monday, there was lots of sloppy snow so today was a decent run. Today was 4.5 minutes faster than Monday.

Here are my, and Jim Li's, photos from the RTC banquet on Saturday:



Just a reminder that Team R.E.D. will be running from the Bear's Den in Byron tomorrow (Thursday) at 6 pm. The Bear's Dean is on the Highway 14 frontage road on the west side of the Marketplace grocery store parking lot. It's kinda hard to see from the road. There are usually 2, 4, 6 mile routes available, walking or running. Check the website for more info.

I'm not really missing not having a dishwasher. I don't mind washing dishes. But I suppose I have to get something to fill in the gaping hole in the cabinetry.

Found out last night that Bri is also thinking about running Lake Wobegon Trail Marathon (paved trail--very scenic and flat) along with Andy and Trevor. Road trip!!

Last night Tom Woo asked if I was going to pace him in the half marathon on Sunday. What. A. Joke.!! He's got to be kidding. He's faster than I would ever dream of being. :-) But I'm thinking I might try for a 5K, as well as marathon, P.R. this year. Last year I PR'd in the 5K, but it was minutes after running a 10K P.R. So I'm curious what I could do with fresh legs. I'm also curious about running speedwork on Tuesdays with fresh legs. :-)

The Rochester Half Marathon is in need of a water stop volunteer coordinator. If you can help, please email rochesterhalfmarathon@rochestertrackclub.com (that's one L-O-N-G email address). Speaking of volunteers ... I will need plenty of them for the Fetzer 20K and 2 mile on April 10. If you can help, you can email me at fetzer@rochestertrackclub.com (or newsletter@rochestertrackclub.com or rsaxman@charter.net  or ... ) And of course, I need lots of runners too. :-)

Saw this license plate in the Brothers parking lot last Thursday. Wonder who it belonged to? Didn't see a familiar runner inside...


Thought for the day with tonight's sub-zero temps in mind: There is no such thing as bad weather. Only bad gear.

Happy trails.

No comments: